Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Pizza Tuesday


To break up my four day work week - because, yes, I'm heading back up to Michigan this weekend for more football, tailgating, and fall festivities - I went out for pizza and rented a movie.

No, not by myself, this was that second date I accepted recently, but I'll get to that in a minute.

We went to a place called Danny Boy's that in the year and change that I've lived here have never even heard of. And let me tell you, it's the best pizza in town. Sorry all you Angelo's fans, Danny Boy's takes the Emmy in the pizza category. In fact, I'm sitting here eating it cold for breakfast as I write this. There's nothing like cold pizza for breakfast.

Dinner was followed by renting a movie. This was difficult - I haven't heard of 90 percent of the movies out there right now. We ended up with Forgetting Sarah Marshall as we had both heard it was funny. Though I have to comment, there were a significant number of nude scenes - male nude scenes - that I wasn't prepared for on a second date. Thankfully, it takes a lot to make me feel uncomfortable. A LOT.

Regardless, I give the movie a B+, good, but it didn't quite live up to the hype.

Now, about this whole dating thing. I realized last night I have no clue what the heck I'm doing. Given that the last time I really dated was in high school, I'm completely out of the loop when it comes to the "rules of dating."

You know, all those stupid social norms of dating like kiss on the third date, or whatever (at least, that was how it went in high school).

So I'm looking for a little guidance on this one - I'd at least like to know what to expect. What exactly are the rules of dating in your 20s?

I just don't get it.

Cheers!

-A

8 comments:

Ben said...

I would eat pizza every day of my life if I were allowed.

Cam said...

Mmmm...cold pizza....i'm jealous, I ate oatmeal this morning.

i'm clueless in dating as well so I don't have any advice to offer up. i guess just be yourself and if he enjoys spending time with the real you then you're on the right track!

Maxie said...

I'm with ben-- I could eat pizza all the time. It's even better the next morning.

Narm said...

I think the only rules are that it isn't official until it is Facebook official.

So@24 said...

I'll give you the same advice that I always give when people bring up, "What should I do..." re: dating.

Do what you want.

Feel like kissing the guy? Do it.
Feel like texting the guy? Do it.

Stop pussyfooting with over analyzing and just do what you want. You'll get quicker answers that way

Ashley said...

ben - me too, especially from this place. A-MAZ-ING

cc - oatmeal, you couldn't pay me enough.

maxie - it is the best breakfast food ever. I'll save the pancakes for dinner.

narm - Facebook has a way of making everything official.

so@24 - this is great advice. I'm pretty bold by nature so this shouldn't be a problem!

Dolce said...

There are no rules to dating. Do what's going to make you happy instead of waiting around for the guy to call or text or ask you out. If you want to talk to him, call him. He'll be flattered you're interested.

Jennie said...

I think we both know I'm just as clueless as you when it comes to dating, but I would have to agree with the others.

There are no right rules to follow... you can play the at and mouse game, but that gets tiresome and old really fast if you are both interested. Just do what feels right, not what some crazy women with too much time on her hands tells you to do in a book ;)