Friday, October 31, 2008

Photography Friday: NYC

It's photography Friday - the day you've all been waiting for where I reveal some of the best shots from my recent stint in NYC. Or maybe I just made that up to inflate my ego.

Either way, some of my best work from this trip is below. So if you don't like it, be gentle, I bruise easily. Just kidding. But if you do see something you like, I'm selling prints. $500. Just kidding again. But seriously...I will sell.

Alright, enough of my ramblings - you hear enough of that all week.

Let's start with some of the sights from the streets of NYC.

Beauty that is the Brooklyn Bridge.

One of my favorites. The image tells the story perfectly.

Enough said.

Random building along 5th Avenue

Another image with the Brooklyn Bridge - I'm a little obsessed.

Bottom of the Rock

A classic view of the New York streets

Castle in Central Park


A view from Central Park.

Everyone needs a picture of Times Square at night.

Now to narrow the focus - here are some shots from within Chelsea Market, where I spent the majority of my time these past 10 days.

Inside the market. Some of the best food I've ever eaten can be found here.

The market was decked out with Halloween decor - highly appropriate for today!

This pair spent the entire day working from this exact location. Intriguing.

Gotta love the Italians and their appreciation for fine wine!

Given that this was a foodie event, I ended up with a lot of shots like this.

And of course, we can't forget about the debauchery that took place. It made for some late nights and painful mornings, but what can I say, I love these kids!

Yes, this is a platter of (some of the best) sushi and sashimi (ever)!

I heart my co-workers!


Today, I'm not going to analyze these - I'll leave that up to you.

Cheers!

-A

*Editor's note: these images come in higher res versions and most are yet unedited. I will edit, print and ship if interested.

6 comments:

Jennie said...

I love your pics! Especially the ones of central park, so jealous :).

Maxie said...

that sushi looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

you are an amazing photographer!

Ashley said...

jennie - we should go...you and I could do some major damage in NYC!

maxie - it was! The best salmon I've ever had.

transienttravels - thanks, lady! These are some of my best by far.

Allison M. said...

first brooklyn bridge is beautiful with the flowers creeping in.

Ashley said...

allison - thanks! that's one of my favorites too. I probably took 50 pictures under that bridge.