Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I met someone

Hello blogosphere!

After ten days in New York City working on a client event, it's good to be back in the swing of things. Well, kinda.

While I was there I fell in love. Yep, you heard me: Fell. In. Love. As you may recall, I have a tendency to do this when I travel. It's a curse! And now I'm freaking in love...

...with NYC.

For a girl who said time and time again that I could never live in a city like New York, I had a few experiences that completely changed my mind. I'm about to talk about one of these experiences, now.

Early on in my trip I was honored to meet up with a long-time Twitter/blogger friend, Paull, for some face to face discussion and fun in the big city. For those who don't know or follow Paull Young, you're truly missing out - he's good people.

Given that he lives in the city, I knew we would be partaking in activities that would be a little off the beaten path and would show me true NYC. And boy was I right.


After a drink at a rooftop bar we hopped on the subway and headed over to Brooklyn for pizza - some of the best pizza ever! I'm definitely a fan of New York style. Sorry Chicago, I love you and all your Midwest glory, but New York makes a mean pie.

Thereafter we went down under the Brooklyn Bridge where I was able to capture shots like this:

(Yes, that's one of mine - I'm so proud!)

Then we walked back in the cold breeze across the Brooklyn Bridge back into the noise and energy of Manhattan.

I was blessed to have the opportunity to spend time with my friend, hearing about his travels around the world and the people that he's met along the way. Not to mention having the opportunity to take the trip of a lifetime for some good grub in Brooklyn. In return, I hopefully showed him some Midwestern hospitality, just by being me!

Cheers!

-A

Oh, and don't worry bloggers, there are plenty more NYC pictures and stories to come. Stay tuned!

9 comments:

Narm said...

Does NYC put out? I could be swayed.

fiona said...

He looks cute, are there any more?
btw great photography too!

Anonymous said...

That picture is stunning. Glad you had a good time in NY!

Ashley said...

narm - in all it has to offer, NYC does not put out - at least not on the first date.

fiona - there are many more pictures where that came from. And to clarify, I fell in love with the city, not with the man. Though I do have a special place in my heart for Paull.

transienttravels - thanks, I love it too! I did, and I can't wait to go back.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures, can't wait to see more!

CC said...

That picture is AMAZING. I seriously love it. Like I would be that and frame it if I could.....

Glad you had a good time!

CC said...

and by be...i meant buy...but i'm sure you figured that out...

So@24 said...

Once the man enters the scene the blogging goes downhill.

I've seen it happen before.

sigh.

Ashley said...

emma - thanks, I'm proud.

cc - you are more than welcome to purchase...I sell on occasion...

cc - I knew what you meant!

so@24 - no man yet, just a city...