Thursday, October 9, 2008

New Phone = New Surprises

There are always crazy things happening in my life - always. It's great because most of the time it's entertaining and it gives me a good story to tell (good being subjective in some cases). Personally, I like to categorize the following as 'good.'

I got a new phone. And I love it.

No, it's not the iPhone like everyone thinks at first. It's the BlackBerry Pearl. It's amazing. It's sleek, powerful and [fairly] user friendly.


(And look how pretty it is!)

But most of all, I know it's amazing because it's taking me a long @$$ time to figure out how to use it. I'm starting to get the texting part down but my speed dial is being all weird and I'm not sure I know how to overcome that yet. And this whole Internet on the phone thing is pretty darn cool too.

Embarrassingly though, I have no idea how to change my ringtone yet. I know. I suck. So much for being a self proclaimed tech geek. I don't have a clue what I'm doing.

But I still love it.

This is not about the phone though. Nope. It's about the guy who sold me my phone.

Walking in at 5:30 on a Tuesday evening was perfect, no one was there and I was helped right away. I also knew exactly what I was getting so not much time was wasted perusing the phone selection.

So upon entering, cell phone guy Brad (that may or may not be his name) asks if I need help:

Me: "My plan is up and I want to get the BlackBerry Pearl."

Easy enough - transaction begins.

About 5 minutes in I realize that this guy is flirting with me. Naturally, I live it up and flirt right back...why not, right?

I'll tell you why not - because he has my cell phone number!

Me = moron.

I realized this way too late in the game - as I was walking out the door. *Insert dumb blonde giggle here.* I suspected that he might capitalize on this opportunity with a call or text in the future.

The future was closer than imagined. After barely pulling out of the parking lot I get a text indicating that if I need anything, to call or text Brad on his personal line. PERSONAL LINE??? I'm a paying customer- wouldn't that then make me a hooker, too?

But then - dumb blonde moment #2 - I respond.

Me: "Thanks! I'll be sure to keep that in mind."

WTF?

I should not be allowed to text, ever - it always gets me in trouble. Now, cell phone guy Brad probably thinks I'm interested. Stay tuned to see if I get a text invite for sushi, because yes, he knows I like sushi. Damn!

As you can see, my life is full of new 'excitement,' mainly because I do it to myself!

Please tell me someone else has had a moment like this before. Please.

Cheers!

-A

7 comments:

Ben said...

Whoa. That's way inappropriate on his end!

But hilarious for the rest of us.

Anonymous said...

Agreed.
Brad = totally unprofessional, if not opportunistic
Ash = totally not thinking. Of all times to figure out how to text on a new phone THAT was the wrong one.
Question is, what other personal information did you give for him to totally abuse?

Cam said...

haha..too funny. and slightly creepy...i never think about how those guys have access to our personal info including phone numbers! definitely inappropriate on his part....

Ashley said...

ben - agreed. on both accounts.

luke - ash=totally nothing thinking happens WAY too often...other personal information could be anything that's already in the computer there, YIKES!

cc - i'm too trusting sometimes.

Anonymous said...

That is funny - if this makes you feel any better. I have a friend that is on a date right now with a person named "jacket boy." He is named jacket boy because he lent someone a jacket a the bar she met him at and all they have done so far is text. She doesn't know his real name, yet she is on a date with him right now.

Britni said...

That is pretty funny. I'm with you on texting when I really shouldn't have said something.. oops.

Ashley said...

transienttravels - that is funny. I've never gone out with a guy who I didn't know his name before, but did date a guy for quite some time not knowing his last name...yikes!

playful - it's dangerous, that's for sure!