Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Cold pizza for breakfast

If I could eat one thing for breakfast for the rest of my life it would be cold pizza. With Pepsi.

Don't get me wrong, I love breakfast. I just prefer my pancakes and hash browns for dinner instead.

Cold pizza at 6 a.m. is where it's at.

This weekend I came face to face with that girl (you didn't really think I was just going to write about my breakfast food preferences, did you?).

We all know the girl I'm talking about - the one that all girlfriends aspire not to be with their significant other and his/her friends. The type that defaults to pet names rather than calling her boyfriend by his actual name, with a voice so irritating you feel as if you're bleeding from the ears.

Remember that episode of Seinfled where Jerry and his girlfriend call each other schmoopie and make the rest of their friends want to puke?



Yeah, this was worse.

On top of that, she found any reason to pick a fight with my friend.

My friend, talking to his buddy, "I've gotta be to work tomorrow at 8:30."
That girl, assuming he was addressing her, "Baaaabby, why do you aaalways do this to me..." followed by a lot of whining.

She's one of those who loves to hear her own voice. Turns out, it's fingernails on a chalkboard to the rest of the world. Where's my air horn when I need it?

Sometimes I wish life was like a game of Taboo where you could buzz the other players when they spoke out of turn (or something like that). After this weekend, the batteries in my buzzer would be dead.

Now, in my trivial attempt at giving her the benefit of the doubt, she is only 19. In hind sight I really should have slapped my friend upside the head for dating her in the first place, but that's an entirely separate issue.

So the question is, what possesses men to date women like this?

And girls, why oh why do you behave so?

Insight much appreciated.

Cheers!

-A

5 comments:

Allison M. said...

She's 19. That's pretty much all you had to say and I completely get it.

Some people like those terms of endearment in every bit of their conversation - even if it requires them to begin or end the sentence with it. BLAH!

Jamie said...

There is no way in hell I could date a girl like that.

OH, I know the type.

I don't know about girls, but some guys think it makes them feel powerful or smart or something, I think. Not so sure...

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

sex. guys are obsessed with sex.

she's giving it to him, and he wants to keep getting it.

Maxie said...

um can i just say I completely agree with the cold pizza thing-- it is officially the best breakfast ever.

Ashley said...

allison - I'm all for pet names, but none of us need to hear that every five seconds.

jamie - it must make them feel like an alpha male or something...otherwise I can't really say that I get it.

narm - he does need a good smack in the face. Happy to hear it's not something that men typically are attracted to.

alexa - truth.

maxie - oh, it's the best, right?