Friday, August 22, 2008

Songs of my life

It's Friday. Therefore you should be reading a post about photography. But you're not. Get over it.

Instead, I drew some inspiration from one of my favorite bloggers who recently posted 13 songs that comprise the soundtrack of her life.

However, because it's Friday and I need to utilize every ounce of brain power to get me through what tends to be the most stressful day of the week, I've come up with the eight most approriate songs that describe my life. As you'll see, I'm not all that complex. But as always, I'd love to hear the song (or songs) that best sum up your lives as well - there's got to be some better descriptors out there than these:

1. Thunderstruck (AC/DC) - this is the song I always throw out there when we talk at baseball games about your up-to-bat song, and I'm sticking to it.

2. Born to Run (Bruce Springsteen) - one of the favorites on the ol' iPod running list.

3. Distraction (Angels & Airwaves) - because I will be your distraction. Just ask my co-workers.

4. Hero (The Verve Pipe) - I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm a creep from the cradle, but a hero is what I want to be.

5. Accidentally in Love (Counting Crows) - remember when I talked about meeting men that don't live near me...yeah.

6. Rise Above This (Seether) - I've fallen before and continue to rise above the challenges (woohoo, go me!)

7. True Love (Angels & Airwaves) - because deep down I'm a romantic...what can I say.

8. I Kissed a Girl (Katy Perry) - no wait. I didn't. But I had you thinking there for a second...

So tell me dear readers, what songs best describe your life?

Cheers!

-A

6 comments:

Justin Wyman said...

My top 4 for today.

1) Radiohead - the bends
2) Interpol - PDA
3) White Stripes - Truth Doesn't Make A Noise
4) Dirtbombs - Wreck My Flow

Maxie said...

My list would completely change with my mood.... I have favorite songs but I've never thought of ones that actually reflect my life.

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

there's so many but right now i'd say billy joel's vienna.

Cam said...

Great idea, although I'm not sure I could narrow it down to a short list of songs.

As for Running With Scissors, so far I like it a lot. I can't believe it's a true story, his life is just so unstructured and crazy! But that seems to be a common theme in memoirs...

Ashley said...

without boundaries - I'm still curious about your #3...

maxie - my songs tend to fluctuate with mood too. This was my attempt at being decisive for once.

alexa - i heart billy joel.

cc - it wasn't easy. Glad to hear you like it so far. We should swap book ideas - I'm lacking on entertaining reading.

Ashley said...

quick update: a cd sat atop my keyboard this morning - the official soundtrack of my life. Thanks Karen - this is awesome!