Friday, August 15, 2008

Photography Friday

In keeping with my promise to come up with a weekly column, I've come up with Photography Fridays. For those who may not know, I pride myself in being an amateur photographer and it's one of the hobbies I'm most passionate about. So each Friday I will post one of my recent pictures or those of a friend, or even interesting pictures I find online and comment about them.

Given the newness of this venture, feedback from my readers is always appreciated. If there's anything you want to hear, see, or discuss in this weekly column, just comment and let me know. But for now, on with the show.

This week I'm going to start with one of mine. Though not the most artistic shot of a lifetime, the quality is impressive given that it was taken indoors in the evening, with a point and shoot. On top of that, the photo has not been enhanced. Given the opportunity to go back to this restaurant in Philadelphia, where you might remember that I met Tony Danza, manual settings would allow me to sharpen the image outside and mute the inside framework.

Regardless of what could have been, I love this picture. It's simple yet impactful, and boy does it hold a lot of memories. In the end, capturing the mood of the memories is what matters most.

Cheers!

-A

6 comments:

Narm said...

I just started using a Holga and traveling the sights in the Cleve trying to get good shots. Any recommendations on good places?

I definitely recommend the Flats - a lot of old buildings and interesting nooks and crannies to explore.

Maxie said...

I love the way you can see the buildings through the window. So pretty

Kalem said...

I'm in full agreement with you, capturing the mood has more impact than many of us may think. Good example!

Anonymous said...

ery cool... i do so miss the days of running around, going to shows & the respect that the Pentax k1000 hanging around my neck commanded. not really... the respect, i mean. never got any of that at a punk show ...lol! nice shot. looking forward to more... -g

So@24 said...

I dont know squat about photography, but I likes what I sees

Ashley said...

narm - if you haven't already, try out the metro parks. I'll be sure to head over to the Flats, I love shooting buildings.

maxie - that's my favorite part too.

kalem - in the end, it's all about how the picture makes you feel.

mr. glenn - I promise to keep providing quality shots.

so@24 - Thanks!