Monday, August 18, 2008

Demon Cat

The roommate has cats. Two of them.

I am a dog person. The bigger the better.

Though growing up I did have a cat who lived for 13 years. Bonkers. He held a special place in my heart. We rescued him from the side of the road and took him in as our own. As an indoor/outdoor cat with claws, he had serious boundaries inside the house. Quite the little attitude on him too - it was his way or no way. The only person he ever really interacted with was my dad - but we loved him just the same.

The roommates cats are indoor, declawed, people-loving creatures. They shed like crazy, therefore my bedroom is off limits. This requires me to keep my door shut at all times, but I'm okay with that.

One of the cats hates this with such a passion, it has become her mission to enter my room, destroy things and bury herself so far under my bed she never has to leave. Unfortunately for her, I will go to great lengths to drag her out from under my bed - which really isn't all that difficult given the fact that she has no front claws to anchor herself to the carpet.

The weekend started with these antics followed by a number of other hi-jinks including knocking the awards off the desk in the living room, chasing and torturing the other cat, wrestling with and tossing the throw rug up into the air, and the grand finale of bolting up over the kitchen counters and ending atop the refrigerator. It's at moments like these you look into her eyes and see what I like to call Demon Cat. She goes to great lengths to do things she knows she shouldn't and shows not one ounce of remorse after the fact.

The roommate thinks she's insecure. I think she's possessed. Is there such a thing as a cat exorcism?

Cheers!

-A

5 comments:

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

ugh. i. hate. cats.

Holly said...

I once went to visit my friend at her apartment and stayed in her neighbor's guest room. They had two new kittens who adored me. They adored me so much that for two days I woke up to kitty butts in my face. The third night, I shut the door, and they mewed at me.

I'm definitely a dog person, too. :)

Narm said...

You need to keep a squirt bottle around and just spray the shit out of her when she acts like that.

Anonymous said...

I am a dog person too, but I'll take a cat dressed like that any day. hilarious!

Ashley said...

alexa - yeah, I'm becoming less of a fan every day as well.

holly - sometimes it seems like cats just want to hear their own voice, regardless if anyone else wants to hear it.

narm - why didn't I think of that? I'll be using that method starting immediately.

transienttravels - of course I couldn't pass on the picture of a cat wearing a melon Spartan helmet!