Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Sound track of...right now


So you may remember a while back when, thanks to Playful Professional, I was inspired to create a soundtrack of my life. 

And for the most part, this list still very much holds true. 

Lately, however, there have been a number of events in my life that have added an interesting flare, to say the least. 

And, given my recent bout with insomnia - hence the mid-night post - I've had plenty of time to listen to a number of my iTunes playlists. In this process, a few songs have stood out to me. Some because of the lyrical meaning, some for the harmonies, but all for the fact that I just really like them.

So, there's going to be a temporary addendum to my original list of eight - as a sort of soundtrack of now. No judging.

Oh, what the hell, judge all you want. What do I care?

Promise (Eve 6) - old school Eve 6. Not only do the harmonies in the song mesmerize me, but the lyrics are perfectly appropriate for my life as of right now. Planning big is a huge gamble, and yep, I've already rolled those dice.

Streetlight (Derby) - you're standing a little foolish, in the late night...

I Can't Hold Back (Survivor) - this song came on in Mitchell's the other day and I remembered that I loved how it sounds. So 80s. As Jennie says, it's one of those songs they'd make fun of on Saturday Night Live....regardless, I love it. And it's pretty accurate, assuming you're not thinking in sexual terms. C'mon now, remove head from gutter. 

One Step at a Time (Jordin Sparks) - for oh so many reasons. This song about sums up my life at the moment.

What are some of the songs that represent your life at the moment...or, even the ones you like just because?

Cheers!

-A

4 comments:

lucipetunia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Courtney said...

I love this picture!

And Eve 6?! Are you kidding me? Christina & I went to their concert last year, hell yeah! :)

-C.

Ashley said...

courtney - ooh, that had to be a great concert!

Jennie said...

I hope that you have listened to our homegirl JS on repeat driving like you did with me :) loved the shout out haha