Thursday, January 1, 2009

A new year

That's right. For those of you who aren't counting, it's officially a new year.

Where on Earth did the last year go? Hell, where did the last 10 years go? Can't believe we're almost to 2010...I'm pretty sure that means I'm old.

Of the things I've resolved to do this year - c'mon, you know you have your resolutions all figured out too - by far the best goal is to make sure this is a great year.

And it will be.

A few years ago, I made it a point to make myself happy, no matter what it took. Looking back, this was a bigger success than I gave myself credit for. And now, I'm the happiest I've ever been - truly.

Don't get me wrong, 2008 was great, with all the traveling and wonderful people I met - so much so that I was able to start a blog about just that - and meeting all my wonderful fellow bloggers. It's been great, y'all!

*tear*

(Just look at those wonderful new buddies!)

In anticipation of the upcoming puppy arrival, completion of a marathon and a college reunion in LA, there's plenty to help make this the best year ever. 

And let me just say, it's started out well so far. I couldn't have asked for a much better New Year's day that involved sleeping in and watching bowl games with the SO. Too bad my Spartans didn't show up in Orlando, but it's a small price to pay for a wonderful Jan 1.

And now, I get to start fresh by moving into my new apartment -- starting, now. So I'll see y'all back here on Monday.

Here's to a fantastic 2009!

Cheers!

-A

2 comments:

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

yeaaaaaaaah to blog buddies.

let's get wine soon.

Ashley said...

alexa - most definitely!!