Monday, January 19, 2009

Long-awaited weekend


Martin Luther King weekend is great - an extra day off followed by a four day week. What more could you ask for, right?

Well, this weekend was nothing shy of interesting. Yeah, we'll go with interesting.

Friday I was a roller coaster of emotion - and for someone who typically peaks at the mildly irritated stage, because let's be honest, life's just too damn short to spend it pissed off, it was quite an exhausting day.

Luckily, one of my favorites in the entire world came into town on Saturday making everything instantly glorious. 

Everyone needs a friend like that - someone who can show up and instantly put a smile on your face, someone who knows so much about you and just 'gets' you. What can I say, I wouldn't know what to do without her. 

We spent the weekend touring the Cleve. Well, as best you can in the dead of winter.

Eating and drinking were some of the highlights. From enchiladas at El Jalapeno to gluten-free pancakes (for my little glutard) at The Original Pancake House to some of Cleveland's finest like Sushi Rock, drinks at 806 and brunch at Grumpy's we got our fill of the tastes of Cleveland.

My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Oh and we can't forget about the lovely Saturday afternoon nap followed by the MSU/Illinois game - Spartans came out on top, baby - and a trip to the theater for The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Which, by the way, is fantastic - doesn't seem nearly as long as it is.

And what about my extra day off, you ask? Well, between errands, laundry and the weekly run outside - hey, I had to burn off the extra calories somehow -  it's been pretty productive. And it's all helped me keep my mind off how much I already miss Jenn. *sigh*

Now, it's back to the grind - a little more rested and spiritually rejuvenated. 

How was your extended weekend?

Cheers!

-A

3 comments:

Susan said...

glad your weekend took a positive turn. Unfortunately, I wasn't as productive as you, but it was nice to have the extra day.

So@24 said...

I shouldnt have read this before dinner.

grumble grumble

Ashley said...

susan - sometimes the unproductive weekends are the best!

so@24 - mmm I know!