Monday, January 12, 2009

I'm gullible


It's true. I am.

Proof:

The SO tells me that "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" is on the top of his Netflix list.
-Me: really?
-SO: stares at me blankly

On moving day I call my parents to find out their ETA and current location.
-Mom: we're still at home, stuck in the driveway actually. Your dad's trying to dig us out.
-Me: instantly stressed out. seriously? why didn't you call sooner?
-Mom: in fits of laughter. (After all, it was May.)

And one time, I was even coaxed into believing there was such a thing as left-handed silverware.

Yes. Really.

In my defense, it did take some effort on their part to get me to become a believer. And of course, it was something I never lived down. Rightfully so.

I like to think that it's not that I'm gullible so much as that I'm pure of heart and truly trust the people in my life. But, given my overall cynical nature this is hard for even me to believe.

Though even with my recent transition to being a brunette I still play these instances off as blonde moments.

Please tell me I'm not the only one out there who's logical mind slips up every now and again and believes the complete nonsense that people are feeding you...please?

Cheers!

-A

6 comments:

Narm said...

Like the new template.

And there IS left handed silverware. Butternives are left handed - as are a lot of ovre mitts and serving spoons. And chainsaws. Are those silverware?

Either way I'm a lefty and pissed.

Matt said...

so there isn't left handed silverware?

Carmen said...

Hey... did you know that the word gullible isn't in the dictionary? Ha, ha.

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

the left handed silverware got me. haha

Maxie said...

Narm is crazy...

You should surprise the SO with SotTP just as revenge for messing with you! haha

Ashley said...

narm - thanks. and I'm glad I'm not a lefty.

matt - no?

carmen - if I actually owned a dictionary, I'd probably check...

alexa - yeah, that should probably be embarrassing, huh?

maxie - oh, someday, he'll get his...muahahaha :-)