Friday, January 9, 2009

Photography Friday: Hiking


Welcome to Photography Friday - the hiking edition.

These are actually from a little over a year ago, when the BFF and I went hiking on Grand Island out in Lake Superior.

Due to my recent crazy schedule, leaving me little time to head out to snap some nice winter shots, you get to relive this experience with me. Yay!

Aside from the bear encounters, torrential rains, and supposed tornado on the island during our first night (which we didn't find out until the countless voicemails from our concerned friends and family, post-trip), it was a fantastic trip with phenomenal weather - and I managed to get some great shots, too.

You'd never know, by looking at these images, that it was late September in northern Michigan.

(From the campsite the first night. Just before the storm hit.)

(A look at the beach from high atop a cliff.)

(As you can see, the lake rose pretty high in the storms the night before.)

(Check out how blue the water is...hard to believe that's Lake Superior.)

(A day spent hiking the cliffs and relaxing on the beach, what more could a girl ask for?)


6 comments:

B said...

those pictures are gorgeous

Susan said...

They are gorgeous!

Bill Teets said...

The ferry to PIB starts in March!

Unknown said...

Ash, I love these hiking pics! And your site is amazing!! I can't believe my little 'sis from small-town USA is all grown up. But I'm so proud of you :)

So@24 said...

I was hoping for some pics mid-bear attack.

But I suppose these will do.

/great pics!

Soph! said...

beautiful pics!