Friday, May 2, 2008

BFAD

Although Best Friend's Appreciation Day is a made-up holiday, it's by far my favorite. Thanks to the wit and creativity of the best friend a girl could ask for, we were able to spend the weekend - conveniently place between our birthdays - up to no good; and I'm talking some serious shenanigans!

The weekend started with drinks and people watching. It's always entertaining to be on the sober end of a crazy bar night to witness the personalities that come out of the woodwork. It seemed we picked a venue where everyone who crossed the threshold was put under a spell that made them think dancing like an idiot was a good idea - that spell being our friend vodka of course.

After a night of much needed rest I woke up to a day filled with the unknown. The plan was to partake in a series of activities, all of which were to be a surprise to me until the moment we did them. The day's festivities, however, turned out to be a surprise to both of us. Though no huge shocker that the day didn't go as "planned." With us, it rarely does, but that's what makes for an amazing time and some great stories to share. Besides, if the ride of life was a smooth one, what would I have to share with all of you.

"Work went well today. Finished all my assignments. No traffic on the way home. Went to the gym where everyone was friendly and I did my exact planned workout. I made a delicious dinner, again, and went to bed...can't wait to do the exact same thing tomorrow and tell you all about it!"

But back to BFAD. He made us shirts. Yes. Shirts. Matching shirts to be exact.
We drove around in the Solstice convertible. The one he fixed up and put a V8 in.

Our first destination was a failure. The second worked out exactly as planned with lunch and Frostys. Our third destination was also a failure. Turns out the putt-putt golf place we tried to locate was actually inside the mall. You'd think somewhere in the directions that would have been communicated. That's poor marketing if you ask me. We didn't attempt the fourth activity because we had a feeling it would bomb too. So we went back, enjoyed the amazing weather in the city, ordered a pizza, watched a movie from the high school days (I'll spare y'all the details, needless to say, it was entertaining). The night finished off with a live band downtown - though we decided not to match for this event.Though the weekend seems pretty generic on the outside, I have to admit it was one of the best weekend's I've had in quite some time, and much needed quality time with the BFF. I highly recommend joining in on next year's celebration of BFAD. C'mon over. We'll even make you t-shirts.


Cheers!

-A

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

can't wait til next year! who knows, things may actually go as planned! i know, it'd be a surprise to both of us :).

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

I didn't know it was bfad?! good thing I just wrote a blog about the bffs :)

Ashley said...

AJT - I hope things never go as planned, because that means we are getting old and boring.

CTS - Spread the word about BFAD for next year. Maybe we can make this an official holiday after all.