Wednesday, December 31, 2008

NYE...plans?

So it's New Year's Eve, again. Seem like only a last weekend that I was at The Hills in Rochester with my old college friends.

Oh that's right, I was.

But I mean for New Year's.

It was amazingly fun, and we were all obsessed with the disco ducks in our wine glasses.

Anyhow, enough about last year.

This year, I have big plans - or at least, thought I would.

During my trip to Somerset a couple weeks ago with one of my favorites, she helped me pick out this slammin' outfit, perfect for NYE festivities.

After much deliberation, we've decided to go to dinner.

Yep, that's it. Dinner.

And there's the potential for a house party in there, but that'll only require jeans anyhow. It appears that, this year, people just aren't making elaborate plans.

At least it's dinner at Parallax - one of my favorites in this town.

So all the preparations and excitement of a rather expensive outfit...for dinner.

Honestly, I'm completely okay with that given that I've caught a touch of this crap that seems to be going around.

Sniffles or not, I'm not missing out on some amazing sushi tonight.

What are your NYE plans?

Cheers!

-A

4 comments:

Narm said...

My plans, obviously, are to get black out drunk.

But I am wishing it they were to go to Parallax. My favorite place ever. Not just place to eat. Just place. I want to sit there and stare at their mussels appetizer and give it googly eyes.

Susan said...

You're right about people not making elaborate plans this year. I just finalized mine a couple of hours ago. Friends will come to my house, we will eat pizza and then go to a bar.

Have fun!

Kate said...

I'm all about dressing up. Even if it's for brunch.

Ashley said...

narm - parallax is beautiful all around. hope you managed to make your plans come true.

susan - i'm all about the laid back plans this year.

kate - this is exactly why I went out and bought an outfit...it's a great excuse to splurge on something fantastic.