Thursday, December 4, 2008

Today is my Friday

That's right, as of noon today I'm walking out the office door and into a long weekend!

I'm heading out of town, only this time, not to Michigan. The SO (significant other, for those who haven't been paying attention) and I will be making a trip to Pittsburgh for a couple days away from normal life.

The first weekend away - big step I know - but I'm excited as I've never been to Pittsburgh.

I know, right. In my 20 some years I've spent weeks in New York City, traveled to Hawaii before graduating high school, and have gone to San Francisco, Philadelphia, Dallas, DC, Chicago, and Minneapolis all in the last year - and yet, I've never made it to Pittsburgh.

As someone who's been spoiled by business travel, we booked a room at the Westin Convention Center - I've heard it's pretty new. I've also been given some great recommendations on where to eat and things to see while we're there.

Mostly, though, I'm excited to get away and take some pictures. It's been a while - since New York actually - where I really got some great shots. This weekend holds much potential.

So since it's my Friday, and I'll be missing Photography Friday, I'm going to post a picture that I took this past weekend during Winterfest. It was cold and crowded and the evening was centered around a parade - which, I didn't care so much about - so we only stayed long enough to get a couple decent shots.

This was one of them.

Ever since my trip to Brooklyn, I've been extremely interested in nighttime photography. The colors turn out so brilliant when you slow down the shutter speed to capture the shot.

The lack of wind worked in my favor that night - there's no way this would have turned out otherwise.

Once I'm back from the long weekend I'll have plenty more pics to share. Until then...

Cheers!

-A

6 comments:

Matt said...

Have fun.

B said...

I love night time photography! I wish I could figure out how to do it right.

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

this is huge news lady!!

have so much fun

xo

Ashley said...

matt - thanks!

deutlich - i'm absolutely obsessed now that I figured it out...

alexa - i know, right! I'll be sure to fill you in on the details when I get back.

Maxie said...

Hope you have an awesome time-- the burgh has great food :-)

Ashley said...

maxie - it was fantastic. Thankfully I'll be headed back this spring and maybe I can enjoy some more of that amazing grub!