Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Another one bites the dust

Another friend that is.

A male friend.

*gasp* Shocker I know.

Luckily, it really has nothing to do with me - it's all about the new girlfriend.

Gah! The girlfriend gets me every time!

Why is it than when a guy starts dating a new girl he has to give up his current friendships with people of the opposite sex?

Now, don't get me wrong, some of my best guy friends have managed to stick around through relationships and even marriages - granted, I'm usually friends with the wife, too - but it pisses me off to no end when a solid friendship we had before she came along has to be ruined purely because she's insecure.

Bitch.

And odds are, it's you she doesn't trust. Not me.

Idiot.

Maybe you two do deserve each other after all.

But I have to admit that I feel a little bit bad for the poor bastard. Too bad he can't grow a pair and stand up for a friendship he once cherished.

See?

See how happy people can be in platonic friendships?!

Yes, I am wearing Pooh Bear gloves. Shut it.

This goes back to my question about friendship in your 20s. Sure, it can be a struggle to keep friends in and out of new relationships, but seriously, if the friendship came first, shouldn't that be taken into consideration before kicking them to the curb?

I certainly think so.

-A

p.s. - thanks for untagging yourself from all my Facebook photos. One more way to drive the point home, eh?

9 comments:

Narm said...

The untagging was a bit much - but I understand the rest. Girls don't seem to enjoy it when a guy gets calls / texts from a girl - no matter how innocent. Especially when it is from a 1-900 number. I swear I only called it once!!!...in awhile.

Allison M. said...

Narm, you don't know squat.

Ashley - maybe she untagged him and is crazy and has his password already.

Ashley said...

narm - who seriously takes the time to untag....ugh.

allison - wouldn't surprise me. she already has his e-mail password because she freaked out that I e-mailed him (about work stuff) a few weeks ago...

Jamie said...

What kind of weeny gives a girl his e-mail password?

I personally am not inclined to be told whom to associate with. Of course, I might be a professional bachelor, too....

Susan said...

untagging? really?

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

narm doesn't know what he is talking about, his girlfriend doesn't let him have friends that are girls either - haha

the untagging thing is extremely extremely extremely childish.

just wait till the bitch breaks up with him.

Ashley said...

jamie - thank you. there are just some things that don't need to be shared...right?

susan - i'm as shocked as you are.

alexa - I give them till February, tops.

Matt said...

I've seen this movie. It SUCKS.

Makes me happy to be single!!

Matt/ATV

Ashley said...

matt - that's where the single life has it's benefits, for sure.

rebecca - yeah it totally sucks. I've been that, too.