Thursday, December 11, 2008

Working from home

(I only wish I lived in a place that looked like this...)

In the past, I've mentioned how much I love my job. Not only do I get to do work that I enjoy everyday, but the people I work with are phenomenal. 

And the perks we get are nothing to bitch about.

One of those perks is the ability to work from home from time to time. I assume this is one of those, as long as you don't abuse it, type of situations - but I'm careful not to find that one out.

It's great, though.

If you've got a maintenance man coming over and need to be at home, you don't have to cash in your sick time to get it taken care of. 

And when puppy time rolls around, it'll be nice to know I can stay at my place if the little guy is in need.

Right now, I'm actually utilizing this perk so I can spend the day focusing on a project that will take a lot of concentration (okay, so obviously not right this second).

And let's face it, when you work in an office where you enjoy the company of your co-workers, the day can be a little distracting.

This is only one of the many additional bonuses of working for my employer. 

So tell me dear readers, what are some of the perks you love about your job?

For now, I'm about to turn off all social media (gasp, I know) and focus on the other geeky side of my persona, the techie who loves to edit and produce videos. Final Cut here I come!

Cheers!

-A

8 comments:

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

working from home unfortunately is not a perk of my job.

my biggest perk is probably the fact that i can wear jeans and i love everyone i work with.

So@24 said...

It's the greatest feeling to come into work everyday and think, "I love my job."

I physically interviewed here (counting 2nd and 3rd interviews) 12 separate times.

And I am so grateful I finally got in!

Britni said...

There are plenty of things I love about my job. One being that I can dress up or wear jeans and feel completely comfortable. And then the fact that they give us lots of time off just when we're doing a good job. It works out well.

Ashley said...

alexa - those are both HUGE perks. we've had 'casual december,' mostly because no clients come to the office this time of the year, and it's been fantastic!

so@24 - wow, that's a shit ton of interviewing. good thing you love it!

playful - extra time off, can't complain about that...

Susan said...

I can work from home once a week - thanks for reminding me to take advantage of it more :)

Ashley said...

susan - once a week?!? I would love Love LOVE this option. Not sure I can quite get away with that.

Matt said...

I have no perks.

I'm so jealous you get to work from home.

I would give anything to still be in bed.

Ashley said...

matt - unfortunately, working from home does not include staying in bed...oh, how I wish it would!