Friday, December 19, 2008

Photography Friday: Office Party

Welcome to another Photography Friday. This week, it's the office Christmas party edition.

And yes, this is a cop out because I haven't gotten out to take pictures recently.

Winter is usually one of my favorite times to capture the changing landscape, but honestly, it's been so windy and rainy here, I've been too much of a puss to actually go outside.

So this is what you get, deal with it.

Last night was the office Christmas party. This year definitely had it's surprises.

Last year we went to a Cavs game, which y'all can imagine how fun that was for me as a die hard Pistons fan.

The year before that I was in Texas, and all the TX offices got together at a resort in Dallas - it was fantastic, but I still think this year may have won.

Before the party we had a staff meeting at a "surprise offsite location."

Most of us had figured out that it was going to be at our future office space - but I don't think any of us knew how cool it would be. The space has yet to be designed, but the layout looked amazing and the attached parking garage is definitely a plus.

(This is me on the bus ride over to the new space.)

After a quick meeting and a champagne toast we headed over to the martini bar to get the party started.

As you'll notice, I have no other pictures as I was terrible about actually taking them during the party.

Photographer FAIL.

See this truly is a cop out...

This year, we were allowed to bring a guest, so the SO came to meet my co-workers. He's been getting rave reviews around the office this morning.

After some free food and drinks we went to a comedy show, which we all enjoyed.

Today, I feel extra tired and hungry (free food wasn't exactly dinner). So my team and I are heading out for a lovely digital lunch for some greasy Chinese food today.

And then, it's vacation time! Woohoo!

But I'll still be here, dear readers. You can count on that.

Cheers!

-A

7 comments:

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

look at the SO wooing the coworkers. loves.

Jamie said...

I'm disappointed. I was expecting hot pix of myself.

Robert Stockham said...

I enjoy reading your blog, but as a photographer at heart, I want to see more of your pictures! As for your new office, since your space isn't designed yet, check out our website...(we own a design firm, too)
www.thegldc.com

Matt said...

You look so happy!

You must really like riding the bus!

Allison M. said...

maybe it's better you didn't post any pictures....

Ashley said...

alexa - they're liking him more than me...always a good thing!

jamie - sorry, I totally failed in the photographer department this time.

robert - glad to hear it. I'll be sure to continue posting!

matt - i'm a proud rider of the short bus...wait, I mean...

allison - probably for the best.

Anonymous said...

Wow. You certainly look happy to be on a bus.