Monday, November 10, 2008

Committed

No, I'm not being committed - though I probably should.

Rather, I've made a commitment, and a fairly large one at that.

Once again I'm committing myself to a marathon.


Yikes, I know.

This time around, I'm allowing sufficient time to plan for, ramp up on and conduct official training. Because as we've seen, procrastination before a big push doesn't lead to success - at least not in my world.

So I'm adapting the mentality of slow and steady wins the race, in hopes of success at the big race this spring.

Oh, and this time I have a training companion - a little healthy significant other competition never hurt anyone.... right?

I have to admit, I'm nervous - but definitely up to the challenge. All suggestions and tips are welcome and encouraged.

See you in Pittsburgh!

Cheers!

-A

8 comments:

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

you can totally do it! good luck with the training.

Matt said...

have fun running...

if thats possible

Narm said...

I'll buy a golf cart and drive in front of you holding two plane tickets to New York out so you keep chasing after me.

Because thats how good of a blogger friend I am.

Susan said...

That is great - good luck!

Ashley said...

alexa - thanks, lady. let's just pray the bones in my feet hold up this time.

matt - it's very possible, though not so much in the beginning...

narm - you know what i like.

susan - thanks!

Jennie said...

good luck ash! I know you can do it if you want it bad enough... I'll stick to my 3-mile/day routine but I'll think of you!

Maxie said...

wowza! good luck!!!

Ashley said...

jennie - I can't wait until I'm at 3 miles/day...it's been a while.

maxie - thanks doll!