Monday, November 17, 2008

Finally - an update

So this weekend was a giant FAIL in the daily blogging promise.

I know. I suck.

What can I say, it was a busy few days.

Thursday I was blessed to be surrounded with lovely bloggers from around Cleveland at the Cleveland Blogger Meetup at Bar Cento. Hosted by Alexa, this event was a blast - I can't wait for the next one (hint hint, lady...).

I had a surprise of my own at this event. I decided to contribute by raffling off a black and white of my Brooklyn Bridge photo to lucky winner Bill Teets from Yes, I'm Judging You. If you're not already a reader, you should be. He's good people.

The event was great, and it was fantastic to meet everyone face to face! And if you're ever in need of a private room for a fun event, I highly recommend Bar Cento. The food is great and the wait staff is fabulous.

The rest of the weekend paled in comparison. Though I did manage to get myself into quite the situation on Friday night while hanging out with the man friend and his friends (some of whom I was meeting for the first time). A guy I dated for a short time - that I am still friends with - decided to come out to our neck of the woods. Awkwardness ensued when he and his friends meandered into the bar where we resided. But this is another post in itself.

So tell me dear readers, what did you do this weekend?

Cheers!

-A

6 comments:

Narm said...

I'm not sure, but if you talk to anyone that was at Cadillac Ranch Saturday night let me know if they have any updates!

And send me the pictures from Thursday!

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

thanks so much for coming ashley! it was so great to finally meet you!

and the hint was taken : )

Ashley said...

narm - I'll be sure to ask around. And check your Gmail, pictures are on their way.

alexa - it was great to meet you too, finally. can't wait to hang out again!

Susan said...

I love blogger meetups.

I had a pre-Thanksgiving meal with my friends from Philly.

Matt said...

Why wasn't I invited?

must be a cleveland only thing?

I see how it is...

Ashley said...

susan - meet up for food rather than just drinking...what a concept.

matt - it's because, in Cleveland, we're better than you. Just kidding! Just kidding! You're the greatest!