Sunday, November 9, 2008

Big steps


Over the course of the last couple months, some rather big changes have taken place in my life. 

I'm by no means complaining - in fact, completely the opposite. I've come to realize that I'm really lucky for these new adventures.

What I also realized is that somehow I've managed to get to this point while speaking my mind at all times. I have no filter.

None.

What. So. Ever.

After another big step this weekend, in what I like to think is a great direction, it hit me that I'm incredibly lucky to even have these opportunities given my complete lack of tact at times. 

And trust me, when I notice this, it must be bad.

But I suppose, at least I'm honest...right?

So I've realized this flaw, and I may or may not do something to improve it. Admitting is the first step.

How many of you out there have gotten yourselves into messes due to lack of brain to mouth filter?

Cheers!

-A

2 comments:

Jennie said...

I think you know better than anyone, how often I suffer from foot-in-mouth dilemmas.

Ashley said...

jennie - true that! though lately mine have been some biggies - like bringing up the ex numerous times during discussions with the man friend, and telling my bosses just how much I deserve a promotion.

How I ended up with a great boyfriend and a great job is beyond me!