Thursday, November 6, 2008

Lexington hotel experience

Okay, so we're only in the first week of November and I've already broken my promise to take advantage of NaBloPoMo and write everyday.

Post FAIL!

Sorry y'all, but I'm going to pass off the blame on this one to Lexington.

Yesterday was spent in Lexington, Kentucky for a client meeting. And let me tell you what, that little trip made me realize just how much I miss the South. The hospitality, the pace, and apparently, the hotels!

We arrived in town fairly late on Tuesday night - more accurately, Wednesday morning - so I didn't have much of a chance to take advantage of all this hotel had to offer, but it was amazing.

The DoubleTree in Lexington is absolutely incredible! You walk in to an open atmosphere with a quaint, French feel. Upon arrival you are treated with warm chocolate chip cookies - which you better believe I managed to devour before my shoes were even off.

The three room suite that greeted me was phenomenal! With two flat panel TVs, a king size bed, and a Jacuzzi bathtub I was in heaven. Express checkout - which is always a plus for busy business travelers - and a USA Today awaiting me outside my door made for a pleasant morning.

I'm considering a trip down to Lexington again in the near future just to take advantage of these amenities.

My only complaint is that the pillows were not up to par on the comfort scale, but I managed to sleep like a rock regardless.

Thanks, Hilton Hotels for making my stay so fabulous. And if you're ever in Lexington, consider the DoubleTree for your stay. I promise you won't be disappointed.

Cheers!

-A

4 comments:

Narm said...

This post made me realize I haven't left Cleveland in 6 months.

Gross.

Matt said...

Wow.

I would have never guess that was Kentucky.

Christian Holm said...

Your comments about Kentucky make me want to watch Dreamer again... you know, that movie about a horse?

Every time someone tells me a story about that place, It only makes me wish I lived there...

Ashley said...

narm - yikes! book a plane ticket. now.

matt - i know, right? it was pretty fantastic.

wc#3 - we drove by Keeneland, it was pretty amazing.