Monday, May 4, 2009

Quiz or obsession?

I have a confession to make.

You know those little quizzes that seem to be popping up by the minute in your Facebook news feed?

Secretly, I love them. And no, it's not because I give a crap about your answers...kidding, you know I love you... But I complete them every time I see a new one that catches my eye.

Though I never, ever have them published - just so no one knows my little secret. Until now that is.

I'm not sure what it is about these things, but they are just so much fun. In high school I was always the girl who would get those really long e-mail surveys, fill them out with gusto and forward on to all my friends. It was an obsession, to say the least.

And now, Facebook isn't helping my need to find out stupid personality quirks based on questions like: what's your favorite Jelly Belly flavor? It's tutti-frutti in case you were wondering.

Anywhooo...

Given that I've never made these public, I thought this might be the perfect venue for sharing. So without further adieu, here is my personality according to Facebook.

Q: What breed of dog are you?
A: Golden Retriever

You are fun, loving and kind to others. You are very outgoing and love to meet new people. You are a faithful friend and sympathetic and understanding of others and their needs. You can be full of energy, but know how to relax and take it easy as well. You thrive when you are around the people that you love. You are golden in both personality and heart. You are something special, so don't stop being who you are!



And this is totally one of my favorite breeds ever.

Q: What color is your heart? (who comes up with this crap?)
A:Violet

The Violet Heart is resourceful, thorough, dependable, responsible, loyal, patient, placid, stable, sensual, affectionate, comfortable, solid, earthy, strong, money-oriented, practical, productive, cautious, musical, and artistic. They can also sometimes be stubborn, indulgent, insecure, acquisitive, possessive, rigid, stodgy and slow.


I dunno about the slow part, but I'm definitely stubborn and indulgent!

Q: How Texan are you?
A: A little bit Texas


The whole not owning a gun thing definitely set me back on this scale. But there's so much more to being a Texan at heart.



Q: What Periodic Element are you?
A: Iron

You are strong in character, emotions, ethics and physically. People who know you believe you are reliable and steady. You say what you mean and you will follow through with it because you weighed the positives and negatives of the commitment before you even said yes. Life may though difficulties your way but you are able to cope with them because of your strength.


Iron seemed scary at first, but I like what it's got to say.

Q: What Hills character are you?
A: Whitney Port


I'm not a regular watcher, is this good?

What Facebook quizzes have you taken lately? Oh c'mon, fess up. You know you have!

Cheers!

-A

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Hahaha! I do them and don't post them too! Only, I'm always finding the real dorky ones most interesting - which classic novel are you, which president are you, which muppet character are you. Okay. I might have posted that last one. :)

Jennie said...

I too take those silly things and never post them. However I usually do the most racy ones I can find, which probably isn't much of a surprise haha.

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

you're hilarious, ive never posted those quizzes either!

Ashley said...

lauren - oh, the dorky ones are the best!

whiskers - nope, no surprise here. haha!

alexa - glad to know I'm not the only one.