Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A complete blank

My mind is, at least.

The last couple days I've been thinking hard about the topic of today's post, and to be honest, I got nothin'.

Most of my weekend was spent skydiving - which I'm sure comes as no surprise - and y'all don't wanna hear the details of that, I'm sure.

But on the way in this morning I did think of something that might be of interest.

So as you might be aware I'm slightly obsessed with the Food Network and Bobby Flay. Well while I was in NYC last week a few of my colleagues and I headed out to Mesa Grill - one of Bobby's Manhattan restaurants.

I was surprised to see an item on the menu that was recently showcased in a Throwdown. It was a chile relleno. 


As you can see, the presentation was gorgeous - and the taste was even more sensational. It left me with a spicy taste in my mouth for the rest of the night.

We also indulged on his dessert sampler that consisted of 6-7 featured items on the dessert menu. Needless to say, my standard PinkBerry run was not needed this time around.

If you're ever in the NYC area, check out Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill. You won't be disappointed.

Cheers!

-A

4 comments:

Matt said...

So... there was no green chile? You ordered a chile relleno and there was NO green chile?

Im so confused.

Maxie said...

I seriously need to stop reading blogs when I'm hungry. Which is like most of the time. Ugh. Looks delicious.

beckylbranch said...

I need to go to NY...never been...I feel like I am missing out on life and so much FOOD! LOL!

Ashley said...

matt - it was a fried green chile.

maxie - I have that same problem.

becky - the food is completely worth the trip.