Friday, May 22, 2009

The Three Day Weekend

(Editor's Note: with my 200th post I tried switching it up a bit and discussing a topic that's a little more serious. Well, with a whopping ZERO comments we can see how well that went over. So, it's back to talking about me I guess.)


Gotta love a good three day weekend!

With Memorial Day right around the corner I have decided to add to this lovely extended weekend by extending it just a little longer - yep, I took Tuesday off, too. w00t!

Normally I'd have something great planned for these four days, but to be honest, with my busy business travel schedule as of late I'm excited to have a little down time.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not entirely without plans. 

Tomorrow morning I have to get up early to head down to Cleveland Parachute for a little ground school and a couple of jumps.

These are the first two solo jumps toward my license. And I couldn't be more excited about it. Though I am a little nervous - going out on my own. But what's life without a little challenge, right?

The rest of the weekend is going to consist of relaxing, catching up on my reading, meeting up with some girlfriends and doing some much needed spring cleaning around the apartment. There are clothes in bins that I've had stashed away for way too long now.

Anyone know of any good second-hand stores?

Tuesday tentatively is reserved for a 'chute packing class. Girl's gotta learn sometime, right?

So tell me dear readers, what are you doing with your long weekend?

Cheers!

-A


6 comments:

Miss Merry said...

Happy 25th!!! And Happy 200th post! :)

Matt said...

The only thing planned is to drink, watch basketball and make unhealthy food decisions.

THATS what memorial day is all about.

Susan said...

I love weekends like this!

Andi of My Beautiful Adventures said...

Greetings from a new reader! Are you getting your sky diving lisence? How cool! I dived over the Great Barrier Reef last year and LOVED it. Best wishes on your dives!!!

Andi
http://blog.mybeautifuladventures.com

Ashley said...

miss merry - THANK!

matt - sounds like a great plan! Cheer on Chauncy for me.

susan - me too.

global - welcome! I am working on my license. I can only imagine how awesome it was to jump there.

Melissa Leeanne said...

All your skydiving adventures seem really exciting! I'm not sure I'm brave enough to do it. I helped pack a parachute once. A BASE jumping chute. He didn't die (SUCCESS!!!). Have fun with your packing class and getting your license!