Friday, May 29, 2009

Photography Friday: AFF Skydiving

Welcome to the first skydiving edition of Photography Friday.

About freaking time, right? 

I know, I've been terrible. With the beautiful weather comes skydiving, not photography. Which is precisely why I'm going to share a couple of my favorites from my adventures last weekend!

(Check me out in my jump suit and rig. w00t!)

Currently I'm in the Advanced Free Fall (AFF) training phase of student skydiving. I get to free fall between two instructors and ride down under the canopy solo. It's an exhilarating experiences to say the least.

These photos were taken by 'Danger' at Cleveland Parachute - mainly for training purposes, but they sure are pretty, too! Thanks, Dan.

(The climb out)

(Just out of the aircraft, falling between my instructors)

(Altitude check!)

(Deploying the 'chute.)

(Coming in for a smooth landing.)

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you've ever considered, even for a moment, that you might want to go skydiving, you have to do it.

If you ever want to come out with me, let me know. Cleveland Parachute is the best!

Cheers!

-A

Can't get enough skydiving? Head on over to SkydiveChick.com to follow my adventures and learn more about the skydiving community.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ncenHi,

We have just added your latest post "Photography Friday: AFF Skydiving " to our Directory of Sports . You can check the inclusion of the post here . We are delighted to invite you to submit all your future posts to the directory and get a huge base of visitors to your website.


Warm Regards

Sportstrove.info Team

http://www.sportstrove.info

Matt said...

your sneakers are super white.

good job!!!

Ashley said...

sports - thanks!

matt - after a couple of slide-ins on the grass they aren't quite as white anymore.