Monday, May 11, 2009

Whoa that's hot!



LIAR!

My pants are on fire, but just a little bit. Hey, I never said it was going to be a long break. 

What can I say, I couldn't stay away! Blogging is just too much a part of me to give it up for very long; even if I don't really have anything interesting to say.

I'm still wondering how I bring value in to y'alls lives, cuz it's certainly not my brains or my wit.

Maybe I'll start posting a comic strip every day. That's valuable, right?

Growing up I loved Garfield. Okay, so it was more of an obsession.

I still miss the days where I sat in the living room before school, eating my cereal and watching Garfield and Friends.


Oh that Jim Davis, he gets me every time.

But I never did get into the Garfield movies - they just weren't the same.

These days, I'm a big fan of Dilbert. My friend and colleague Luke Armour often shares these with me. Definitely makes my day.

The SO is a big fan of Calvin & Hobbes. HA!

It is pretty cool that he's from Chagrin Falls, OH. Gotta love a good Cleveland shout out every now and again. It does explain why the comic takes place in the winter for 9 months of the year.

So tell me dear readers, what's your favorite comic of choice? Who knows, it may just appear in an upcoming blog post.

Cheers!

-A

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've hit my two with Dilbert and Calvin & Hobbes. Smart, witty and sometimes requiring a little bit of thought. I miss C&H. Although Watterson was/is kind of an odd-ball from reports I've heard. I supposed you might have to be to pull that off day after day.

The fact that Garfield was ever a favorite of yours, worse yet that you admit it in public - puts a little strain our our personal and professional relationships.

Just sayin'

rachaelgking said...

I have Dilbert magnets all over my whiteboard at work :-)

But C&H will ALWAYS be my fave.

Matt said...

Garfield was awesome.

Mother goose and grim was my fav though!

still kinda is.

Anonymous said...

Pearls before Swine!

http://comics.com/pearls_before_swine/2009-05-03/

Laura said...

My mom never understands my excitement to get the Sunday paper when I'm home. But the comics are such a treat when I visit, especially since I don't get the newspaper at my apartment. I love the comics section, but only the colorful ones on Sunday. My faves are Garfield, Cathy, Fox Trot and Family Circus! :)

Susan said...

I love reading that Dilbert one just before I head into work.

Ashley said...

luke - my apologies that you had to share a post with Garfield. I know there are some hard feelings there. But you gotta let it go. Just let it go, man.

LiLu - Dilbert is the perfect office chuckle!

matt - glad to hear I wasn't the only one who loved that cat!

anna - this totally looks like something you'd read regularly.

laura - the comics definitely are better in colored newsprint. There's just something about it that brings you back to your childhood.

susan - me too!