Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Random Ramblings

After a long weekend spent back home in Michigan with the fam., I feel refreshed and ready to be back at the office. Either that says something about my job or my parents (just kidding mom and dad!).

Regardless, it was a very relaxing weekend. The weather was beautiful, though a little warm for my taste, especially this time of the year. But the cloudless sky provided the perfect backdrop for a couple photo shoots around small-town America.

(Editor's note: the picture above is from this weekend's shoot. I'm proud to say it's an -A original rather than a Google Image result from keynote "cornfield.")

Some great shots came out of the shoot around MSUs campus as well. Looks like I'll have plenty to share with y'all on this upcoming Photography Fridays. Or, if you just can't wait, go here.

In recent conversations with acquaintances it seems there's a trend of life listing going around. You know, like the Bucket List, only not quite so morbid or depressing. It's really got me thinking about the things I want to accomplish over the coming days, weeks, months, and years. Here's what I've got so far:

1. Go skydiving.
2. Learn the dance to "Time of my life" just like Jennifer Grey and Patrick Swayze do at the end of Dirty Dancing - and perform in public.


Is it sad that those are the only two items on my "must complete before I kick the bucket" list? What are some of your must dos - in the long or short term?

Some thank yous are in order:

Thanks to Alexa, at Cleveland's a Plum, for thinking of me on Blog Day. I love reading her blog every morning, hearing her tales from around the Cleve. - and I'm honored that she enjoys mine as well.

Thanks to my Dad for trying to teach me how to play golf on Monday. I'll get there some day, dad.

Thanks to Starbucks for providing me a much needed pick up this morning after spending half the night reading the latest paperback in my life.

And of course - thanks to my loyal readers!

Enough with the mushy stuff, it's time to get a move on with this short week. Here's to it being Tuesday when it only feels like Monday.

Cheers!

-A

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to dance like dirty dancing too. Did you notice that that was one TV this weekend?

CC said...

haha i will...addison is probably the best part of the DFW metroplex for sure! hope you had a nice relaxing weekend!

Allison M. said...

great picture.

So@24 said...

I'm going to learn how to seduce women with "Hungry Eyes"

Ashley said...

transienttravels - I did see that it was on TV, but could catch the whole thing. So I came back to my apartment and popped in the DVD so I could watch it from the beginning!

cc - thanks! I'm really hoping to make it there again this year. I have my moments where I really miss Texas.

allison m. - thank you!!!

so@24 - that's a great song for seduction. I wish you the best, my friend!

Anonymous said...

Cool post- Forbes and GQ magazine have both posted articles about things every man should do do before he dies. Last month, my friend and I put together a first draft of about 50 things, all of which we hope to accomplish in the coming years.