Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I love... a good story

It has come to my attention recently that I am a bad story teller.

I think this comes as no surprise to some of you. If you've ever found any of my written thoughts to be scattered, just wait until you talk to me in person!

(Though I'm not nearly as awful as this man when it comes to stories...thankfully!)

Most stories start with me getting the listener all worked up, "you're never going to beelieeve what happened to me last night!"

Followed by a part of the story, then me realizing that I missed an important detail," wait, but before that, this happened, and then we went to meet up with Steve."

Oh and of course when I realize you have no idea who Steve is, I have to give you the back story of our friendship - if you're even still listening at this point. By the time I've finished explaining all the mundane details, the story really isn't all that great (which it probably wasn't to begin with), and I walk away perplexed, "well I sure that it was funny."

But that's not even the point of this post.

See, tangent, before the story even started - and you're probably so tired already you don't even want to read on. It's okay, I understand.

What I'm really here to write about are my loves - those things in my life as it stands right now that I cherish. As a people, we don't take enough time out of our day to appreciate all the wonderful things happening in our lives, and all the people we are blessed to share it with. Thanks to Jenn for her Addicted to Love post that inspired my positive outlook today. So without further sappiness, here's a quick snapshot at the current loves of my life:

Crisp fall morning runs, changing leaves, reunions with college friends, laughing, weekends with the family, thrill seeking, feather pillows, nightly walks to the park, pumpkin flavored everything, blogger friends, sushi, Miller Lite and cornhole, clean sheets, photography outings, meeting people everywhere, fall colors at dusk, green tea with blueberry, impromptu brainstorms with coworkers, reading in the evening, planning my week on Friday, Home Improvement reruns, honesty, organization, thinking about the holidays, libraries, Michigan State's campus.

It's very autumn-esque.

So tell me dear readers, what is it that you love?

Cheers!

-A

6 comments:

Cam said...

I LOVE fall weather mornings (although not so much on the running...maybe a walk?), pumpkin flavored everything, (seriously LOVE pumpkin) and brainstorms with my co-workers too!

I'm inspired to make a list of my favs now. :)

Rachel Eden said...

I LOVE chocolate, good red wine, laughing with my friends and family, getting in trouble, fall and yellow aspens, being on top of mountains. And sushi, of course.

freeandflawed said...

Thanks for the link love :) I enjoyed reading your love list!

So@24 said...

Does "boobs and booze" count?

Ashley said...

cc - pumpkin flavored food is an obsession in the fall. I think I run purely so I can eat all these tasty treats!

rachel - red wine!! How could I have forgotten? Colder weather means red wine Fridays. Yes, usually alone. There's nothing wrong with that.

freeandflawed - of course! Thanks for the inspiration.

so@24 - yes, though you should find a way to make them seasonal - maybe hard nipples and pumpkin ale?

P said...

Ha, I'm awful at telling stories too. Which is why I'm far better writing them down, more time to think about how to tell it.

What do I love? Mainly chocolate, reading a great book, and the very idea of love itself. I'm sure there's more (I HOPE there's more), but my head is blank right now! :)