Friday, September 5, 2008

Photography Friday

It's official - I'm completely obsessed.

With this picture:


Tuesday's post discussed the most recent trip to Michigan and the incredible photo shoots that ensued. Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like without this creative outlet.

Shhh, let's not think about that. Shhh.

Instead, I'm going to praise myself for being able to capture this beautiful piece of nature. While walking along a wooded trail during the heat of the excruciatingly hot late summer day (apologies for the overwhelming number of adjectives in the previous statement) my dad happened upon the greenery you see above and graciously pointed it out.

So I got down on my knees and elbows - which I'm sure was an ever so attractive image in itself - adjusted the camera to a semi slow shutter speed, reduced the depth of field, and *snap.*

Thanks to the shade provided by the lush trees above I was able to capture more mood than anticipated. I was completely amazed upon first view - shocked at how well it turned out. Why? Because I'm really not that great of a photographer. Call it luck and good lighting, call it a miracle for all I care - I'm still proud to call it my own.

I'm heading out again this weekend, in hopes of capturing something even better to share with y'all next week.

Cheers!

-A

3 comments:

Ben said...

It's gorgeous!

Ashley said...

Thanks! I'm excited about it.

ANG* said...

awesome pic! props :)