Thursday, September 18, 2008

Friday Frivolity

I stole the title of this post from the weekly Friday column of my good friend Luke Armour. I hope he doesn't mind - it just suited today so well. Thanks, buddy. If I ever manage to write anything good, you can borrow it too!

Yesterday sucked.

A big steaming pile of elephant dung.

Seriously. And this wasn't just the case for my little corner of the world. It was a trend. See here, here and here for proof. C'mon, you didn't think I'd expect you to take my word for it, did you?

But it's Friday now, and that's fantastic! That means tomorrow is the big day - MSU vs. Notre Dame.


It's a white out game - I love those! More than that, tailgating starts promptly at 10 a.m., at the tennis courts, with some of the best friends a girl could ask for. Turns out, this is an unplanned reunion for the girls I lived with freshman year. Guess that takes care of this problem. We're missing a few of the gang that became our Lou Ha's group every Thursday senior year, but plans are in the works for a later date.

But that's not the point.

The point is that I'm taking a long weekend to enjoy my time at home and soak up every ounce of Michigan State in the fall that I can. I'm counting on an Autumn-tastic weekend and getting to partake in all my favorite fall past times.

Therefore, I will not be posting for a few days. I know, you're heart broken, I'm sorry. And I'm not cool enough in the blogosphere (yet?) to have a guest blogger on the scene to fill your need of bad stories. But I promise, I'll be back with plenty of crazy encounters to share with y'all on Tuesday.

Until then, enjoy your weekend. It's supposed to be beautiful in the north!

Cheers!

-A

5 comments:

Matt said...

Today is better though!!

cause the CU Buffs (my alma) won last night!!

WOOOHOOO!

So@24 said...

That descriptive visual just made me puke in my trash can

freeandflawed said...

Have a great weekend!

Thanks for the link love :)

P said...

"a big steaming pile of elephant dung".

Lovely. :)

Ashley said...

matt - when your alma mater wins a big game, it always makes things a little brighter, doesn't it?

so@24 - success!

freeandflawed - thanks again for the inspiration. Sorry you had a bad day!

paula - always happy to provide a disgusting visual.