Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Sucked in


Why is it that no matter how hard I try I always end up getting sucked into this ridiculous celebrity gossip BS?

Seriously. It's so mind numbing. And yet, I follow these "scandals" like an entranced minion of the entertainment industry.

Wake UP Ashley! This crap never has been, and never will be, "entertainment."

Sad thing is, I know I'm dumber for following these things, even while I'm in the middle of watching the latest fight between Jon and Kate, but for some reason I can't freakin' make myself turn it off. What the hell is wrong with me?

It's not as if there's a lack of excitement in my life. I mean, skydiving, hello!

What's even sadder is that it's not just with really stupid shows like this, but I even love watching things like Extreme Home Makeover and The Biggest Loser, purely for the personal stories involved. Okay, and because I dream of having on of those kitchens designed by Ty some day.

Tell me I'm not the only 20-something out there who finds that after a long day at the office, a junky reality TV show is just the ticket. 

Is this an escape from life or a reminder that sometimes boring is better? 

What shows have sucked you in lately?

Cheers!

-A


4 comments:

Narm said...

Anything on the History Channel or hte Discovery Channel. I can just zone out and not realize I just spent 3 hours watching the history of the railroad.

The sad part is that I don't retain any of the information - it is like college all over again. Sit there, do the time but don't absorb anything useful.

Laura said...

Ummm... reality TV has really become the only type of TV I watch. How sad is that?!? My faves include Keeping Up With The Kardashians, The Bachelorette, and of course The Real Housewives of NY, NJ and OC!

Seriously... too my drama NOT to watch! :)

Susan said...

I don't really watch much reality TV (though I wished I followed the Jon and Kate after all this crazy stuff). But, I do have a bunch of Sec & the City's saved up in my DVR for when I need to just sit and not thing.

Britni said...

Is that picture from Poltergeist? That was like one of the scariest movies I ever saw growing up. I still can't watch it.