Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A few reviews

In the last few days I've had a chance to try out some new products that, I must say, I either loved or hated with a passion.

And since I care dearly for all my readers out there, I wanted to share my experiences with y'all so you can know what to expect if you find any of these products being added to your wish list.

Let's start with the one overly-negative experience and get that out of the way.

Mariani Dried Cherries by Far Away Foods - after picking these up at the store on a whim (I read somewhere recently that dried cherries have lots of antioxidants and have been dying to try them) I took them home to enjoy by the handful. After popping one - just one - in my mouth I bit down HARD on a cherry pit! 

Now, let me just say that when I was a kid this same thing happened to my dad, only it was with an olive that should have been pitted, and he had to have a root canal because he cracked his tooth. 

Today, I'm in pain. But of course, I looked at the back of the package and there's a small-print warning that, due to machine pitting, there may be remnants of pits left in the snack. 

So, they covered their asses, but I'm still pissed none the less, and will only be buying Sunmaid brand in the future!

(If you see these in the store, back away slowly and save your teeth!)

Now, onto greener pastures, shall we?

EA Sports Active for Nintendo Wii - I avoided Wii Fit like the plague, mainly because of availability and cost, (oh and that little fact that you have to own up to how much you actually weigh and stuff on that little board...) but at a minor $59 bucks on Amazon, I decided to give this at-home workout game a chance. Last night I took it for a spin. To my surprise, the 17 minute "easy" lower body workout I participated in about killed me. 


If you see me walking funny today, it's because my quads are killing me. Damn you inventor of squats. You suck! But this product certainly doesn't. It was a fun and challenging workout. I can't wait to test out another workout - once my legs are back from their current Jell-O-like state.

Special K Protein bars (strawberry) - I found these by accident, needing to pick up a little something on the way to skydiving a couple weeks back. Not only are they delicious, but they aren't the type of protein bar that sits like a brick in your stomach. And the texture isn't grainy at all. 

(These come in three flavors, all delish I'm sure!)

These have become my standard breakfast, skydiving or just heading to the office. It's what I should have eaten instead of those two cupcakes today (follow me on twitter for more stupid updates like this @ashleymead).

What products have you tried out lately?

Cheers!

-A


2 comments:

Matt said...

The protein bars are ok but a word of advice...

NEVER get the special k protein drinks. They are awful. Serious, you will regret it.

Allison M. said...

Reason #343 I need to get a Wii already. Every blogger has been talking about EA Active.