Monday, June 29, 2009

I wish you'd just transform already

So this weekend I got to see the new Transformers movie - Revenge of the Fallen. It was over two hours and I have virtually no complaints about the movie - great special effects, a few good chuckles, and who can moan about about watching men like Tyrese Gibson and Josh Duhamel on the big screen?

At least, not in a bad way. Ha!

But there was one little annoyance during this flick - or shall I say on very large annoyance.

Just before the movie started a man and two boys plopped down next to us. One boy looked like a normal 8-year-old, chatting with his friend, excited about seeing a late-night Transformers movie. The other, was, well, how do I say this....fat.


Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not against fat people in the slightest. However, when a parent has a kid who's clearly going to have (or who probably already has) health problems because they've let them have too many brownies in their life, it kinda pisses me off.

At the parent - not the child.

It also pisses me off when they allow them to act in the way this kid did throughout the entire movie.

As I mentioned, they started out rather chatty but shut right up when the movie started. This was a good sign. Or so I thought.

But as soon as he ate his way to the bottom of his jumbo popcorn - yes, he had his own - he went to town on slurping down the remainder of his large soda. 

Lord only knows how, over the course of 2 and 1/2 hours how this kid didn't have to get up to pee at least once, but he kept his ass glued in that chair somehow.

Once the soda was gone he proceeded to poke on the plastic top and break it until it had completely collapsed into the cup.

After that noise subsided he apparently got bored and slid to the front of his seat so his feet could touch the floor. 

Why?

So he could loudly crunch every single kernel of popcorn that had missed his mouth earlier in the movie.

About this time, the other kid and the man, who we decided was probably the father of the smaller child as he seemed like a reasonable man who would have told his own kid to shut the hell up about an hour earlier, got up to go to the bathroom. 

When they came back, the chubster proceeded to use his outdoor voice to tell his friend what he'd missed.

At the end of the movie, we all got up to leave, following this group out the door. Just before he got to the isle way, the fat one bent over and stuck his hand into what was left of the dad's popcorn for one last snack.

Mmmm....floor popcorn.

Okay, so not exactly, but once the bucket is on the floor and the movie is over it might as well be straight from the floor.

Regardless of the distraction, it was a great movie. Highly recommended!

What good movies have you seen lately?

Cheers!

-A


4 comments:

Narm said...

I can barely go to movies or concerts anymore for sheer annoyance factor.

Matt said...

floor popcorns the best!

rachaelgking said...

I'm with Narm. Netflix is my best friend... I just can't stand the human race in dark, enclosed spaces like that.

Ashley said...

narm - people suck.

matt - ew dude, ew!

lilu - the SO has nexflix, I'm going to start taking advantage.