Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Stand on your head, biotch


If you haven't noticed, I've been a sad, whiny, pathetic excuse for a human being lately. 

Haha, human.

Sorry, had to be there.

What pisses me off most about this is that I have almost nothing to complain about. I mean, c'mon, who in their right mind bitches about having to balance fun stuff like skydiving and running outside in this beautiful weather and spending time with an amazing boyfriend like the SO.

Really, I don't suck so much at life as I suck at appreciating it. 

I've spent so much of my life being a perfectionist and control freak (which comes in handy at the office and in free fall, but is otherwise rather annoying) that I have yet to learn how to enjoy the moments that don't go quite as planned.

Honestly, when I first moved to the Cleve, I was much more laid back than this. My weekends were spent out drinking with whatever friends would have me and happily working 60+ hours a week because, well, I didn't have anything else to do.

But, to steal a line from the SO's lovely mom: my life wasn't that great back then.

There's gotta be a happy medium though, right? I mean, there is no reason why I can't strive for perfection while also being comfortable with where things are now.

I just have to figure out how to do that so I can stop being such a freakin' Debbie Downer and get back to being cynical about things that really matter - like the rude cashier who looked at me funny this morning at Starbucks. Bastard.

Cheers!

-A

6 comments:

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

i'm sorry you are having some tough times buddy. it's no fun at all.

believe me, i've been there.

i'm a great listener if you need to vent anytime!

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

vent over wine of course...

Susan said...

I am so there right now too. Here's to getting through it- Alexa is right, wine is the best option.

Ashley said...

alexa - thanks!

alexa - of course...

susan - i'm starting to think so.

Matt said...

I love how you shortened up Cleveland to just be Cleve.

Im totally calling that city Cleve for the rest of my life.

Ashley said...

matt - make sure you call it THE Cleve, then it sounds like a weapon...Cleveland could use a little badass.