Friday, June 26, 2009

A post not about MJ

Not that I don't feel bad about Michael Jackson's death, but it hasn't even been 24 hours and I'm already sick of hearing about it.

Yes he had a rough childhood, sure he may have molested a few boys, and of course he was talented, but c'mon. I mean, Farrah Fawcett passed away yesterday from a battle with cancer and how come she's just a minor sub-heading on CNN?

CREAPSTER MICHAEL JACKSON DIES AT AGE 50 -- MACAULAY CULKIN WEEPS AT HIS BEDSIDE
Oh right, and Farrah Fawcett died too.

Anywhosits, enough about all that.

So remember how a couple weeks ago I mentioned starting the 30 day EA Sports Active challenge....uh yeah, that hasn't happened.

You were supposed to push me, remember? "Man up!"

Yeah, I blame you.

Okay, so not really. It's actually been a series of unfortunate health incidents that has set me back - starting with a massive head cold last week followed by a minor elbow injury on Sunday that's still in the mending stages.

But I will start this weekend. You better believe that.

Mostly because I want to get this conquered before my trip to L.A. in early August - I'm definitely not in shape for the beach right now.

But of course, that's not going to stop me from going out to dinner with the SO and his family tonight, followed by a trip to one of my favorite places tomorrow morning - the West Side Market of course.

And of course, if the elbow permits, I'll be headed to the drop zone this weekend for some more fun jumping out of perfectly good airplanes.

What are you weekend plans?

Cheers!

-A

No comments: