Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Moe Knows


Coming hot off a post about Fatty McFatterson Jr. I found it appropriate to talk about my most recent encounter - with food!

Last night after accompanying the SO to pick up his new car, he took me to Moe's Southwest Grill as a "reward."

And let me just tell you, it blew my mind!

For those who are not familiar, Moe's is a quick casual restaurant similar to Chipotle and Qdoba, a make your own burrito type of joint. Of course, they have tacos and quesadillas and nachos too. But let's talk about my burrito experience, shall we?

The SO'd been talking about this place for a while now, saying how much better it is than Chipotle, that there's a lot more variety, but I didn't believe it till I saw it.

Not only can you choose toppings like black olives and jalepenos, but they even have free chips and a salsa bar. YEAH!

So when your burrito isn't spicy enough or you want to try a different salsa with your FREE CHIPS, it's all there for you.

On top of that, their sour cream is a lot thicker and their queso is delish! It's made with one of those white cheeses, tasted like Chihuahua. 

Here in NE Ohio they have one in Avon and in North Olmsted, but I highly recommend you look them up in your area. I promise you won't be disappointed!

Cheers!

-A

p.s., I don't feel bad about chowing down last night after completing my third EA Sports Active workout. I'm gonna kick this 30-day challenge in the ass!

4 comments:

Narm said...

I second the Moe's reco. They also have a tofu option for you veggies out there.

Matt said...

oh god, a tofu burrito? Please tell me Narm is joking...

Susan said...

That place looks awesome!

Ashley said...

narm - yum!

matt - not sure, actually. I didn't try it, but the beans and rice version was fantastic.

susan - definitely is!