Monday, June 15, 2009

A Sniffling Wreck

I am the worst when it comes to being sick.

Yes, me. The girl who jumps out of airplanes for fun. When I get a cold I'm the most whiny, pathetic sight you've ever seen.

What can I say, I just don't take being sick well.

And because of this, I'm doing a cop-out weekend recap post - my head is too stuffy to think of anything else.

Friday I decided, since it was going to be nice, to take the day off for some skydiving. So after sleeping in a bit, I headed out to Cleveland Parachute Center around 11 a.m. for my first jump of the day.

Success!

A quick 'chute repack and I was right back up in the sky for a second successful jump. 

The best part about it - I passed my AFF courses and am now a SOLO SKYDIVER!!

Friday night I headed over to the Nautica Pavilion for the O.A.R concert with the SO and his friends. I'd never seen them live before - they were good, but the show only lasted just over an hour. I'm not sure that was worth 40 bucks, honestly.

After, given that I missed the Stanley Cup Finals, I headed home to watch it - thank you, TiVO! 

And no, I don't want to talk about the outcome of that game, thankyouverymuch.

Saturday I was able to sleep in for a change before heading to the zoo for a pet adoption event. Going in, we knew there was no chance we'd be adopting a dog, so we pretty much went just to torture ourselves.

But I did get to talk to a golden retriever rescue group so I know where I might be adopting from in the future!!

From there we headed to one of my favorite Cleveland destinations - the West Side Market - to pick up some staples.

That night we went to the movies and saw The Hangover. Highly recommended, by the way. It's freakin' hilarious. 

We finished the night with another movie, Transformers, since the new one is coming out soon.

Sunday was spent at the drop zone again, after making breakfast tacos in the morning. YUM!

Then, last night, as I was winding down I realized I was getting sick. So here I am, feeling miserable with a cold that most people take in stride. 

I'm not too proud to admit I'm a baby when it comes to being ill. I just wish there was time to sleep it off.

Oh well, back to work.

How was your weekend?

Cheers!

-A

3 comments:

Matt said...

you're a red wings fan?

I had no idea.

How sad.

Susan said...

I'm not very good when I'm sick either. Everyone saw The Hangover this weekend! I have to go.

Ashley said...

matt - always have been, always will be.

susan - yeah, you definitely should see it!