Thursday, June 11, 2009

Feeling inspired


Last night as I sat on my butt watching re-runs of Extreme Home Makeover I couldn't help but think that I'm in desperate need of some inspiration.

Ever since the cruise I've been pretty lazy - in general. Not only is my body out of shape, so is my apartment. Finding time to hit the gym and clean just hasn't been a priority. 

Though in my defense, I haven't wanted to pick up too many new workout routines for fear of immense soreness like last week when I tried my first EA Sports Active workout. It was a lower body workout that, to be honest, I didn't even finish because my quads were killing me. 

And they continued to throughout the week. Thankfully, I did this on Tuesday so I was healed and ready for my skydives by the weekend.

The last thing I need right now is additional muscle soreness getting in the way of solid jumps.

But, after reading about this 30 day EA Sports Active challenge on GeekSugar that a number of bloggers are participating in, I found the inspiration I needed. I'm going to talk about it in public.

Or, in the blogosphere...same thing, right?

Don't worry, not every day, just on occasion so that I can stay accountable. And if you see me slacking, feel free to call me out on it. Hell, you can bring this to Twitter and Facebook too, if you want. "Man up, Mead!" Don't worry, I can take it.

I'm determined to finish this thing.

Of course, since I'm planning a couple jumps tomorrow on a lovely vacation day I've scheduled (!!!!) I won't be starting until this weekend, but you can bet come Monday I'll have plenty of gripes about my soreness.

Anyone interested in joining me? C'mon, you know you are.

Cheers!

-A

p.s., today is my mom's birthday. Happy B-day MOM!!

4 comments:

beckylbranch said...

OMG! Are you a skydiver??

Ashley said...

becky - why yes I am! Check out my skydiving blog SkydiveChick.com if you're interested :-)

Matt said...

MAN UP!!!!!!!!

Allison M. said...

i've been reading a lot about that too. maybe i'll try the shred first?