Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Full and shivering


Look Food, we all know how much I love you and your nourishing goodness, but I've got a serious beef with you.

Stupid pun not intended.

This is a problem I've been suffering with for years. Almost immediately after consuming your pure deliciousness my extremities get so cold they feel as if they might fall off.

C'mon food, I know this is your fault, it's been happening for too long now for this to be some kind of coincidence.

What's more - when I wash you down with pure, crystal clear water it only escalates the situation.

Now, this becomes a problem when I need to eat outside of my house, because it certainly isn't acceptable for a grown 25 year old woman to carry around a blanket to wrap herself in post-meal. And I'm certainly not wearing a Snuggie around in public. 


So tell me Food, what's a girl to do? Please do tell, because I know I'm not the only person out there who suffers this debilitating coldness after eating, and I'm certainly not going to go on living like this.

Until I get an appropriate response, I'm boycotting. I'll live on coffee and tea until we can work something out, Food.

Hungrily yours,

-A

p.s. Anyone who believes I'm actually giving up food, even for a second, is out of your bloody mind.

6 comments:

Narm said...

Hmmm, I sweat when I eat, so maybe we could combine our forces and be perfect.

[F]oxymoron said...

I read your entire post - twice. That taco is just too damn distracting!

beckylbranch said...

food is a pleasure in life and I could NEVER give up food...especially desserts :)

Susan said...

It is so weird when that happens, it happens mostly in restaurants for me.

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

writing letters to food is such a good idea, why have I yet to do this??

Ashley said...

narm - like the Power Rangers, yeah!

[f]oxymoron - i know, isn't it cute?

becky - never.

josh - it is too!! And you know I don't do well with shots...

susan - always in restaurants!

chelsea - i'd be honored if you used my idea!