Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Obsession


For all y'all who may not know me very well, let me tell you something about me. I'm a highly passionate person.

This is a trait I've come to love about myself. However, if not handled properly, it can backfire like that '56 Chevy truck parked on your grandpa's front lawn. Loud. Explosive. And everyone notices.

Personally, I have a tendency to get wrapped up those things I'm passionate about - to an almost obsessive extent.

Like when I started cooking a few months back and have found a new love for food. Sure, I wrote about the Food Network a lot but, to squash any beliefs you may have, no, I did not stalk Bobby Flay.

Though I still believe that one day Bobby will find my blog and decide to head to the Cleve for a guacamole Throwdown.

It's more like healthy obsession, if there is such a thing.

Take right now, for instance. I'm beyond obsessed with skydiving. 

*GASP* Shocker, right?

When I'm not working I'm thinking about, planning for, or participating in the sport. It's all I want to talk about, as you probably noticed. Sorry if it's annoying.

I'm constantly reading about it, watching videos, meeting new jumpers on the Skydiver Network. I want to soak up every aspect of the sport and learn everything I possibly can.

I even dream about it.

The last few nights my dreams have been consumed with visions of me and my skydiving friends throwing ourselves from perfectly good airplanes.

But, what usually happens when I get like this is that I run out of steam. The obsession subsides and I slowly start to lose interest. 

Though, I definitely don't see that happening here. Sure, the dreams may stop and I may read a little less, but my passion for skydiving isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

So tell me dear readers, what is your current obsession? What are you most passionate about this summer?

Cheers!

-A


4 comments:

Unknown said...

My current obsession is planning a trip to get the eff out of this mediocre weather. I want white sand, sunshine, clear oceans and a drink with a little umbrella in it. Is that too much to ask for?

Nice food network name drop btw. I stopped watching after it became apparent Paula Dean was trying to kill me.

Anonymous said...

Are you going to see that movie "Food, Inc."?

Britni said...

Maybe that's my problem... I'm not passionate about anything right now. Better find the passion soon.

Ashley said...

josh - take me with you!!!

anna - probably. sounds like something I'd enjoy.

playful - it's the only way to get me to actually do something, must have passion for it.