Thursday, March 19, 2009

We'll see about that

Life has been rather random lately. Not that I'm complaining - it keeps me on my toes, which I like.

You know what else I like, lists. This should come as no surprise to most of you. Just check out the number of posts labeled "lists" on this blog, that should tell you something. Or don't. I certainly wouldn't if I were you. It's much easier to take my word for it.


But this is not about my laziness.

I highly recommend, if you're also a lover of listing, that you check out this list of ways to acquire peace and happiness. It made me happy just reading it. This also happens to be from one of my favorite photography blogs, Shutter Sisters. You should definitely check back often for some great photography.

Oh wait, maybe it is about my laziness after all - I'm not even writing my own list.

Okay, okay - I'm sure I can come up with some random stuff.

What I really should be doing is making a list of all the crap that needs to be taken care of before my trip like buying sunscreen and getting cash from the ATM - because, really, who carries cash these days...certainly not me. Though this is hardly the venue for that type of list...y'all don't need to waste your time reading that boring drivel.

But I'm sure there are some things I can complain about in the meantime - to help balance out the peace and happiness stuff, anyhow.

Hmm...let's see.....................

Okay, so we're in the process of moving our office to another building right now and the office is so cluttered, and my personal office is half packed and the disorganization of it all is driving me bonkers.

Not to mention the fact that at home I'm only half unpacked from last week's New York trip and I've already started piling up items to take on the cruise - so my apartment is pretty messy too.

Today started with an early deadline which I took care of from home. It felt like a good start to the day - you know those days when you wake up and you're all like, "yeah, I own today. I'm going to kick today's ass." That thought was derailed the moment this intense, nagging headache set in. I'm not a girl who gets headaches, so this is rough.

Shut up, Thursday. I can hear you laughing. Don't be a bitch. Sure, you're whooping my ass now, but the day's not over. I have Advil and Enya on my side...you haven't won yet, Thursday.

Though it would help if the atmosphere was a little more serene around here. With all the disassembling of office furniture there's a lot more banging, stomping and power tool noise than usual.

Don't even get me started on the abundance of moving men walking past my office. Guess I won't be able to get in my usual 2 p.m. nap, eh? Just kidding, just kidding. Though I did used to work for someone who did this daily. Seriously. But that's a story for another day.

If there wasn't so much work to be done I wouldn't have to concentrate so hard. Not that I should be complaining.These days, lots of work is a good thing. But I am doing everything in my power not to mentally check out before next Friday. It's tough. I'm in desperate need of a vacation. Haven't had a real vacation since college...over three years ago.

Wow, I'm old.

On that note, it's time to excuse myself and show Thursday what I'm made of.

What's on your random list this week?

Cheers!

-A

*Editors Note: see I told you I could use my brain and make a list...random as it may be, it's highly appropriate to my current state.

3 comments:

Christian Holm said...

I hate moving men... I can't be near them without being involved with the work. If I'm stuck watching, I go insane. I think it is the banging and other noise that goes on.

Maxie said...

I should be packing RIGHT NOW, but instead i'm reading blogs.

I leave in 45 minutes.

yea i know...ridiculous

Ashley said...

wc#3 - yeah, I'm not one for sitting on the sidelines, either.

maxie - isn't procrastination the best?!