Thursday, March 26, 2009

Confined to a padded room


That's where I should be right about now.

Typically, I'm not much of a clumsy person - sure, I have my blonde moments as expected, but they usually don't put myself or others in danger.

Well I'm not entirely sure what's going on today, but there has been a string of events this morning that has me concerned for what's to come.

-When I opened the refrigerator to get water to take to work, a very juicy melon rolled out and splattered it's stickiness all over the floor and my feet. Then I hit myself in the shin with the door. And I never did get any water.

-In an effort to give my pasty white legs a little boost of color before the cruise, I sprayed on some self-tanner last night. Not only did I manage to produce unnatural orange streaks that spiral down my legs, but the bottoms of my feet are now officially Longhorns fans. Who knew walking barefoot in the bathroom post-spray was a bad idea?

-While getting out of my car I caught the heel of my shoe on my seat belt - don't ask how - and twisted my knee. Pretty sure the popping sound that ensued wasn't healthy.

-Upon opening my yogurt cup, I was welcomed by three large splatters projectliling onto my face.

-Since I never did get water at home, I stopped at a store in my building to get a bottle. After paying I managed to knock over the bottle on the counter, subsequently spilling the entire community penny tray onto the counter and the floor.

-With all the commotion this morning I forgot to put on makeup. Luckily I carry a few staples with me in case of emergency. Let's just say I still can't remove all the particles of mascara that made it into my right eye and leave it at that, shall we?

And now I have to do my best to concentrate at the office while remaining relatively injury free. Oy, it's going to be a long day.

Cheers!

-A

4 comments:

Christian Holm said...

HEY, don't diss your pasty white legs! They're not sun damanged, meaning when you get to be my age, you'll still look a lot like you do today :D

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

whenever i do mystic tanned i get the foot weird color that you are talking about. sooooooooo annoying.

Susan said...

I'm almost impressed you got that all in. I once did the same thing with jergens tanning moisturizer - my apartment was dim and I didn't notice how horrible it looked until I got to work and was in a meeting.

Always a Bridesmaid said...

Is it "that time" of the month? I always get really clumsy during that week for some reason.

As for the tanning... try L'Oreal tanning towelettes. They're like baby wipes with self-tanner on them, and I have never had a problem with streaking. Love 'em!