Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My very own confessional


In sticking with my recent list theme, it seemed like a good idea to get a few things out in the open.

Believe it or not, I have flaws.

*GASP* - I know, you couldn't believe it either.

But believe it people, and there's more than you might think. Some of which I seriously need to work on.

And what a better way to kick my ass into gear than to share these issues on the interwebs for all to see, and subsequently mock me for.

No, ending sentences with prepositions is not on the list...apparently it should be.

Oh Lord -- on that note:

1) I am a social media over-sharer - as you're about to find out first hand.

2) Sometimes I like really bad music - currently, I'm listening to Nickelback's "Gotta be somebody." Yes, as someone who preaches her hatred for this group, I'm extremely embarrassed!

3) I procrastinate constantly - not just at work, but generally in life as well. Last year my boss told me I was an adrenaline junkie during my review. I'm pretty sure he wasn't complimenting me.

4) After the SO sleeps over, I use his pillow - it still smells like him, and for some reason that makes falling asleep a little easier. Sorry for the mush...but it's true.

5) My spending is OUT OF CONTROL - how is it possible that the economy is doing so bad when I'm out there feeding it daily?! This needs to be nipped in the bud immediately! Saving tips appreciated...

6) Keeping in touch with friends is hard - unfortunately, after college my friends and I scattered across the country for job offers, because even back then jobs in Michigan were scarce. And now we're all so busy with our careers and separate lives that phone calls are few and far between. Luckily this summer some of us are having a little reunion in LA, but that's not enough to tide me over. I dream everyday about living in the same city with them again....sigh.

7) It's rare that I disconnect - from phone, Internet, I even have Facebook on my Blackberry - probably for the reason above. I fear losing touch altogether. Though I never, ever take my phone into the gym or on a run with me. Gotta have some Ashley time every now and again.

And with #7 we loop back into being an online over-sharer. Though y'all seem to enjoy it so maybe I'm doing something right, eh?

So tell me dear readers, as I walk away slightly red in the face, what confessions do you have to share with us? C'mon, don't leave me blushing alone.

Cheers!

-A

6 comments:

Matt said...

We all like some kind of bad music...

but Nickelback????

Nickelback?

I forgive you.

Christian Holm said...

"5) My spending is OUT OF CONTROL"

I knew it! You already gave it away with the whole Barista thing! I'll bet you always leave a $5 tip too!

Anonymous said...

Actually #1 makes #6 not so bad! How else will I would I know that you just got back from new york, taking a cruise, craving eggs or got a new puppy!

I feel like we are always catching up!

Ashley said...

matt - i know, it's bad. but thanks for your understanding.

wc#3 - believe it or not Starbucks is the least of my problems.

anna - I KNOW! we definitely need to schedule some phone time, we're never up to speed on each others lives.

Susan said...

Nickelback, haha that's a good one.

Ashley said...

susan - I couldn't be more embarrassed about that!