Monday, March 9, 2009

Daylight suckage


I'm exhausted!

Ugh.

So this week I was sent to New York City for a client immersion of sorts. Feels more like submersion at this point because I'm beat.

Completely and utterly exhausted. And guess what, it's only day one.

I'm sure it has a lot to do with the fact that I didn't go to bed until 1ish this morning and had to peel myself out of bed at 4ish so I could make my butt-crack-of-dawn flight time.

But really I blame it on this daylight savings time garbage.

"Spring ahead" sounds so lovely, doesn't it? WRONG! Wrong on so many levels.

Today, it's been the bane of my existence.

Losing that hour on Saturday night caused me to sleep in later than I would have preferred on Sunday, so come Sunday night I couldn't go to sleep at a decent hour because of the "sleeping in," and having to get up way earlier than usual today has just about thrown me over the edge.

Quite the chain reaction there, eh?

If I wasn't a guest in our NYC office today I certainly would either be, a) on my way home for a nap (which, BTW, it's National Napping Day, so how appropriate), 2) asleep at my desk, or d) a combination of both, landing me somewhere in Lake Erie, or the East River, depending on which city I'm in.

And of course, tonight the team wants to take me out for my first night in the city for some dinner and drinks...regardless of how glazed over my eyes look. Let's just hope I don't end up face first in my margarita.

Cheers!
-A

3 comments:

Susan said...

Yeah the clock changed messed with me too.

I feel like you go to NY a lot for your job, that is cool.

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

im going to NYC on wed - so so so excited!

Ashley said...

susan - I do feel that way too. It's a nice change of pace, though!

alexa - Ooh, safe travels!