Friday, March 6, 2009

Photography Friday: The Movies

I know, I know. It's about damn time I got around to actually posting on Photography Friday.

I've been slacking hardcore this winter. What can I say, so what if I'd rather cuddle up in my Snuggie on the couch and veg out with the SO instead of braving the bitter cold Cleveland winters for a few good snow-covered shots. What's wrong with that?

However, a recent trip to Tower City Cinemas for a client filming event provided the perfect opportunity to get a good behind-the-scenes picture of the inner workings of the theater.

There were a number of artistic documentary-type images I was able to capture so I had a lot to choose from. But believe it or not, this was my favorite.

(Diet Dr. Pepper in the fountain machine...brings me back to Texas!)

Without the proper lighting (and because I'm not a big fan of indoor flash) the shutter speed was slowed way down which helped to capture the bright colors of the scene. And personally, I really enjoy the depth of field, here.

Next week I'm off to NYC for work, but hopefully I'll have some time to venture out with the camera so I have more photos to share next week, too.

Cheers!

-A

6 comments:

Bill Teets said...

I love Dr. Pepper!!! I gre accustom to it being everywhere while living in Dallas...

Narm said...

Can you give me lessons someday? I am sick of coming here and being jealous all the time.

Anonymous said...

Can I go with you to New York? :)

Susan said...

You are REALLY good.

Ashley said...

bill - yeah! Dallas was the best for always having the Dr. available.

narm - absolutely!

anna - I wish you could be here with me...

susan - thanks, lady!

Matt said...

I love Mountain Dew.