Wednesday, March 11, 2009

To-do list

Well, I'm half way through my stint in New York and I've barely put a dent in my to-do list.

It wasn't long, but aside from actual work, there were a few things I needed to accomplished while I was here:

1) Grand Central Photo Shoot - this has partially happened. But one of the best parts of Grand Central Station is the lighting, and honestly, that wasn't quite right yesterday. I'll be heading back tomorrow or Friday I hope.



2) Chelsea Market Visit - the intent was to go this morning after a run, neither of which happened. Maybe I can sneak out for lunch? I'm desperately in need of some Ninth Street Espresso and a tall glass of chocolate milk - the best of which is only found at CM.


3) Local Shopping - this isn't completely necessary, but being in the Big Apple it's just one of those things to do. Plus, I could really use a few things before the upcoming vacation. It's penciled in for after work today, we'll see how well that works in my favor.



4) Hotel Runs and Workouts - this is my being obsessive over not gaining weight before the aforementioned cruise and an attempt to stay somewhat on a normal schedule. And given that I'm staying at a pretty fabulous hotel right next door to Grand Central, they've got a well-stocked gym. Monday was a bust, but last night I made it. Fingers crossed for three more before the week's over.



5) A night out with colleagues - has been scheduled! I'm lucky to have some kick-ass co-workers in our office here that have decided on a night on the town the day before I head home. Looking forward to a great dinner and plenty of wine tomorrow night.



So maybe I'm not doing so bad after all. Though it doesn't seem like I've accomplished much yet, I have a good feeling that I'll walk away satisfied with the trip and content with my NYC fix for the time being.

Cheers!

-A

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Strand, MoMA, Walking in the Village. My favorite places in NYC.

Susan said...

You make me want to go to NY