Thursday, March 12, 2009

Quite the imagination


Last night was consumed with vivid dreams. And this is not at all uncommon.

In fact, I can't really remember a [sober] sleep night where I didn't wake up remembering, in detail, at least one dream from the night.

As far as I know, it's just always been this way.

Even as a kid I would regularly wake up having been so involved in a life-like dream that I would experience those thoughts and emotions in the physical world.

Like once, I woke up from a dream about hanging from a cliff and my body was half flung off the mattress, arms dangling on the floor. No wonder I was a little freaked out. And on numerous occasions I would awake from a scary or sad dream only to be sobbing in my bed.

Thankfully, my physical involvement in dreams has subsided with age. As far as I know I've never been one to walk or talk in my sleep, though I did recently have a sleep over with one of my favorites and she informed me that I was laughing in the middle of the night.

I suppose a little unconscious chuckle never hurt anyone, so I'll take it.

Regardless, my vivid dreams continue well into my adult life. I still even have the occasional tornado nightmare that's followed me from childhood. Though I must admit, the visions have become much less scary over time, but quite the picture all the same.

Someone once told me that people who regularly have vivid dreams are highly creative in the conscious world - but that could be a farce. Regardless, it sounds good so I'm sticking with it.

So tell me dear readers, do you often have vivid dreams? What about recurring dreams?

Cheers!

-A

4 comments:

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

i have dreams about bloggers, its weird.

Susan said...

Those are pretty intense. I seem to only remember the horrible dreams vividly.

Erin O'Brien said...

floundering in the murky cuyahoga, trying to climb on on the pilings of one of the huge industrial bridges.

Ashley said...

alexa - it'd be even more strange if it's about bloggers you don't know or have never seen...

susan - thankfully that only happens every once in a while for me.

erin - that sounds pretty disturbing.