Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Spring cleaning


As a follow up to my discussion on a few things I love about spring, I thought it appropriate to broach the subject of spring cleaning.

It's time to face the facts, my life is cluttered.

Now I'm not just talking about my office or my apartment (both of which we can not leave off the list), but it's more about the intricacies of my mental state, rather than the physical world around me.

Believe it or not, there's a lot of deep thought going on upstairs that hasn't been addressed in quite some time.

So the time to clean out the proverbial mental closet is past-due. I definitely consider it a good thing that I'm headed back home for the weekend. The nice 3-4 hour drive gives me plenty of time to sort through everything that needs my attention.

And given that it's the weekend before the big Caribbean cruise - c'mon, you know you're excited for me - it'll do me a world of good to get the thinking out of the way so I can enjoy some fun in the sun.

Yes, I just said that.

Yes, I'm slightly embarrassed.

Yes, I'm sticking to it.

The time away, in and of itself, will definitely help ease the mental strain that comes from the constant interaction with social media and the virtual world around me, too.

In fact, I've even made the decision to turn my phone off for the duration of the 5-day cruise. Yes, willingly.

And, given the friendly threat from the SO, and I quote "if I see that you smuggled your Blackberry onto the cruise it's going into the f*cking Atlantic!" there won't be any work going on for an entire week.

I'm not saying it's going to be easy, in fact, I'm expecting a twinge of social media withdrawal, it's much needed. But of course, I'll miss you all dearly!

And until then, hopefully I can slip in some real spring cleaning with the remainder of my time.

What's on your spring cleaning to-do list?

Cheers!

-A

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me guess. You booked your cruise a year ago and that same day you requested vacation and packed your suitcase..

hee hee hee

just kidding

Matt said...

You're going to turn off your phone for 5 days?

We will see about that!

Ashley said...

anna - you know me way too well! though believe it or not I'm not even packed yet.

matt - never said it would be easy.